Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Intervals or tempo first?
Quote | Reply
Offseason here and just been covering base easy kms. I have my first race, an oly, in very early November. I have, for the last 3 weeks, Incorperated one tempo session a week, just 6.5 kms @4:10 pace. Not sure why I’m thinking of this now, but how far out should I add an interval session in place of a medium run during the week? Or should I just focus on bringing up that tempo distance or pace? How far out from your goal race do you bring two speed workouts a week for short course?

Or am I doing it ass backwards and I should be doing intervals now and tempo a bit later?

Thanks for the run guidance I can run base miles forever but timing of speed work is a bit of an Unknown to me
Quote Reply
Re: Intervals or tempo first? [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sounds like you're doing barryp?

if you read his plan he has you start substituting a tempo run into one of the medium runs 12 weeks out from your race. then he has you start doing speed work in the other medium run 8 weeks out from your race.
Quote Reply
Re: Intervals or tempo first? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
sounds like you're doing barryp?

if you read his plan he has you start substituting a tempo run into one of the medium runs 12 weeks out from your race. then he has you start doing speed work in the other medium run 8 weeks out from your race.

thats exactly what i was after thank you. Time to get onto some speed work.
Quote Reply