Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Interesting feature in USA Today.
Quote | Reply
Page 1C (Sports) of USA Today features an interesing article on the use of sports equipment such as Oakley optics (and footwear) in current military operations. FYI.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Interesting feature in USA Today. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having spent last summer with my FAST platoon in Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Djibouti, UAE and Qatar, I can tell you that Oakleys are a near universal requirement in that part of the world. They work great in all but the most wicked sandstorms. Although I'm a retro-grouch when it comes to most military equipment, I have to say that allowing us to use these off-the-shelf products has brought a new level of comfort and performance to military operations in a desert environment. I, for one, will forever swear by Oakley M-Frames.
Quote Reply
Re: Interesting feature in USA Today. [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my last unit ("F" Company, 425th Infantry {Ranger/Airborne} Long Range Surveillance Unit [LRSU]Michigan National Guard)we called Oakly M Frames "Scout/Observer Glasses" and always wore the at night on patrol with clear lenses. They rule. Riding in a Pave Hawk and sticking your head out the door your glasses would stay on. Even when the jumpmaster did a door check his glasses stayed on under his helmet. I'm a believer. Always have been, always will be. Oakley is an original. "If Delta wants to wear Oakleys, that's their business..." (from the movie Blackhawk Down)

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply