Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Interchangeable Crankset
Quote | Reply
I’ve taken the year off of multisport and focusing on gravel and single track but miss having a power meter. I was cleaning the drivetrain on my gravel bike and noticed it was a SRAM Apex GXP, which sounded familiar. I took a look at my P2 and it’s the same. Should I be able to swap these between bikes? Bottom brackets are a voodoo science to me and I’m trying to not get my hopes up. They have different sized cranks so I can’t just pull the power meter off, but the shorter cranks on the tri bike might help with my toe/wheel overlap problems on the gravel bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Interchangeable Crankset [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toefuzz wrote:
I’ve taken the year off of multisport and focusing on gravel and single track but miss having a power meter. I was cleaning the drivetrain on my gravel bike and noticed it was a SRAM Apex GXP, which sounded familiar. I took a look at my P2 and it’s the same. Should I be able to swap these between bikes? Bottom brackets are a voodoo science to me and I’m trying to not get my hopes up. They have different sized cranks so I can’t just pull the power meter off, but the shorter cranks on the tri bike might help with my toe/wheel overlap problems on the gravel bike.

If they are both GXP cranksets the swap is easy. You'll need to confirm ring sizes for setting front derailleur height and maybe chain length. Plus deal with seat height difference to offset crankarms length. But the rest of the swap is just removing NDS crankarm and then retorquing it on install to one of the bikes.
Quote Reply