Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Integrated Stem & Handlebars?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking into putting a integrated stem & handlebar on my Cervelo S3 but really haven't found too many options or reviews or nearly as much information as other bike components.

I'm pretty sure I'd like to stay away from any cheap chinese models. While the uncertainty of it snapping in half could be exciting, I'm pretty attached to the way I look so I'd rather avoid that.

I've only seen some information on the Vision and Bontrager.

What other options are out there? Is there a consensus on which model may be best? Can anybody share some experience or anything? Really just doesn't seem to be nearly as much info on these as other bike components.

I want to put clip on aero bars so I need the handlebars to have that ability.

I'm not completely opposed to going with a separate handlebar and stem so if theres some information that says it's better to go this route that I just haven't seen yet, I'm here to learn so let me know!
Quote Reply
Re: Integrated Stem & Handlebars? [M90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M90 wrote:
I want to put clip on aero bars so I need the handlebars to have that ability.
I think that's going to be a major limitation to your search.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
only option with clip on is from vision

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/...lat-m.a.s-kit-s-bend

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/en/metron-4d-flat-m.a.s.

I dont think theres any integrated bar with clip ins.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its not integrated but the enve aero stem plus aero bar plus aero extensions could be something you are looking for.
Quote Reply
Re: Integrated Stem & Handlebars? [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
only option with clip on is from vision

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/...lat-m.a.s-kit-s-bend

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/en/metron-4d-flat-m.a.s.

I dont think theres any integrated bar with clip ins.

hmm did not realize that you couldn't get a bracket to accommodate the shape of the bar.

Any idea how those vision attach to the handlebars? No information about the product on their site at all
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure those bars actually have mounting holes on top (or maybe from the bottom) specific to their aerobar attachment. I like the design for someone who would be using clip ons a lot. Just a cleaner look.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Integrated Stem & Handlebars? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
I'm pretty sure those bars actually have mounting holes on top (or maybe from the bottom) specific to their aerobar attachment. I like the design for someone who would be using clip ons a lot. Just a cleaner look.

you're talking about the vision ones right?

the only thing I read about that setup is that it's on the heavier side?

basically i read the vision handlebar & stem are great but heavy and the bontrager version is very light but not stiff enough (although I think there's a new version that may be stiffer but haven't read anything about them yet)

Am I just better off going with separate stem and handlebar this way they'll be light and stiff?

I'm attempting to get a cleaner look and whatever aero advantages I can get...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 4D M.A.S bar has mounting holes in the base bar that will allow you to attach the aero bars directly to it. If you choose not to run the aero bars they come with a cover that will fill the holes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm waiting for the MORF to be available.

http://www.morf-tech.com/technology
Quote Reply
Re: Integrated Stem & Handlebars? [Kevin@VisionUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin@VisionUSA wrote:
The 4D M.A.S bar has mounting holes in the base bar that will allow you to attach the aero bars directly to it. If you choose not to run the aero bars they come with a cover that will fill the holes.

Are the mounting holes only accessible from the top or could one under mount the aerobars and top mount the pads?
Quote Reply
Re: Integrated Stem & Handlebars? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will only be able to mount the aero bars on top of the base bar. The armrest pads and extensions bolt to the same piece. This will not allow you to have the pads above the bar and the extensions below it. The bottom of the base bar will also be designed so the bolt heads recess up into the bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Selcof makes an aero road bar with holes and for risers and ski poles. They used to do a matching stem, but I haven't seen one in stock for years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M90 wrote:
I'm looking into putting a integrated stem & handlebar on my Cervelo S3 but really haven't found too many options or reviews or nearly as much information as other bike components

Sorry for the slight topic drift, but I am guessing your S3 is a 2018 or older as I was under the impression the 2019 and newer with the integrated cable system put a serious limit on handlebar choices?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Feb 19, 20 6:19
Quote Reply
Re: Integrated Stem & Handlebars? [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ms6073 wrote:
M90 wrote:
I'm looking into putting a integrated stem & handlebar on my Cervelo S3 but really haven't found too many options or reviews or nearly as much information as other bike components

Sorry for the slight topic drift, but I am guessing your S3 is a 2018 or older as I was under the impression the 2019 and newer with the integrated cable system put a serious limit on handlebar choices?

Mine is a 2015
Quote Reply