Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Integrated Bar/Hydration Fitment Woes ?????
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

I'm not going to mention a brand here for the moment, but was wondering what other ST members thought of this.

Pic 1 - Neat counter sunk bolts on the bottom of the base bar holding the pedestals on:

Pic 2 - Neat counter sunk holes for the counter sunk bolts:

Pic 3 - Now here's where the issues start - plastic bracket for the hydration system - flat on both sides:

Pic 4 - Flat plastic bracket resting on top of the counter sunk holes:

Pic 5 - Counter sunk bolts through the flat plastic bracket to hold the pedestals on.

This is how I've been told to fit the plastic bracket by the manufacturer.

As a home grown engineer and a bike mechanic, this scares me.....a lot.

I've voiced my concerns with the manufacturer, but apparently this mounting method is fine.

Personally, I'm thinking of filling in the counter sunk holes in the base bar with epoxy so they're flat, inserting a metal tube in each of the holes of the plastic bracket ever so slightly shorter than the plastic and then using normal cap head bolts.

Any thoughts guys?

Cheers,

Pat.
Quote Reply
Re: Integrated Bar/Hydration Fitment Woes ????? [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What you are showing seems incomplete. Where are the pedestals, arm pads, and extension brackets?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Integrated Bar/Hydration Fitment Woes ????? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you countersink the plastic part?

Which manufacturer is this from?
Quote Reply
Re: Integrated Bar/Hydration Fitment Woes ????? [scjohnston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bars are upside down - you can see the extensions etc. in the first pic.

If you countersink the plastic bracket, it will surely crack when you tighten up the counter sunk bolts and besides, the other side of it will still want to pull into the countersunk holes of the base bar.

Pat.
Quote Reply