Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Insoles for flat feet
Quote | Reply
Anyone here who is using inserts for flat feet? Kindly tell me is that good for flat feet or not?
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles for flat feet [Umair Amil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can use any number or run soles out there like the ones from Currex (which I have used). The debate about flat feet goes sorta like this.....if you have flat feet its due to weak arches (usually) and running with them will just make your arches weaker so long term it isn't a good thing. So you have two options as far as I can see; you can ignore that and just use them or you can transition from using them to not using them over time. I found that running in them did seem to make my arches weaker over time, I was a better runner and less injury prone when I was running in Vibrams once a week or so (note you don't have to run in Vibrams but any low drop shoe...we won't get into debating natural running ..we would be here for weeks on end).

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends on the person.

I know a lot of people with flat feet that need the support of a stability or motion control shoe. Some do well with a rigid insole, which is what I think you're looking for but that doesn't keep your foot from turning inward (if that is a problem too).

Then there are people like me that have completely flat feet that run in neutral shoes without much arch support. I can run in some stability shoes but my arches hurt if I tie them too tight.

So, I'm sorry but the answer is "it depends on what your problem is" if in fact you have one.
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles for flat feet [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know but should try it atleast once https://fitfootpro.com/...soles-for-flat-feet/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are having problems then you should give them a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have flat feet you don't necessarily need any insoles or support as jaretj says. If you do, you don't necessarily want anything supporting your arch at all. That can actually make things worse. You want to first adjust the rear foot and see how that affects your foot and gait.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was getting pain in my ankle I went to a physio who said I had the flattest feet he had ever seen. He referred me to a podiatrist who made up custom insoles for me. They cost about ÂŁ100 and last 1-2 years (they probably should last longer but I am big and heavy). I have used them for years now and they have been great. Without them I was getting tendinitis and couldn't run. I haven't had the problem since.

You need to break them in though as they will give you a blister on your arch.

On the other hand though I saw a different physio for back pain and he was horrified I was sing orthotics.
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles for flat feet [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It appears that I've been had. Good job spamming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My comment would be helpful to you if your flat foot is “acquired” not innate!

My both feet were totally fine but one day left one get flat (wtf.. literally f-arch collapsed) so It means there’s imbalance between virtutal total leg length and it was causing left knee pain.

So I’d been looking for flat-foot insoles and custom shoes but those were just temporal remedies and they were making my left foot
more weaker!

Just google “foot arch rehabilitation exercise”!
I read some articles and followed some instructions and voila! My left arch came back.

Last month I put out all auxiliary tools for flat foot like wedges, cleat spacers and other things.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles for flat feet [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been having some recent issue due to flat feet, and been looking at various insoles. Curious if you've tried the superfeet brands? I've found one article, on them but I'm curious how they hold up and if you can put them in a bike shoe too? Thanks.

Go where you feel most alive. |TriHub
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles for flat feet [Alphatri36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You really need to try them. The problem I have had with then in the plastic shell irritates the bottom of my feet where they hit. This happens to me with most (all) inserts with the plastic shell. Lately I have been using Aetrex insoles simply because they don't have the plastic piece. For the bike I have found that the Specialized insoles work really well.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles for flat feet [Alphatri36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use these because I have almost flat feet http://www.currexsole.com/...n/insoles/runpro.php. I have them in most of my run shoes. I think they are great. They have a bike sole but for that I have used the Specialized BG sole only (because I haven't tried anything else and they just work).

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My advice is to go to a Podiatrist and be assessed.

I have been wearing podiatrist supplied inserts for 15+ years. They have mostly eliminated the problems I was having with plantar, Achilles and knees. I wear them in all my shoes including cycling shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are your feet genuinely flat? Or does the arch collapse when you put weight on the foot?
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles for flat feet [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies, going to slightly hijack this thread.

How did you manage to rebuild the arch? I have tried to do "short foot" for hours but to no avail.

I have very flat feet...
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles for flat feet [ejd_mil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha XD.. Rebuilding collapsed arch takes some time.. in my case I daily repeated the short foot exercise for 1 YEAR.
I did it even when I was riding my bike.

It may seem awkwardly long time but just do it! DEW IT!!

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles for flat feet [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that is a LONG time. Good job succeeding.

Question on short foot: how did you get the muscles to actually fire the first couple of times? Phrased differently, how did you learn to do the exercise?

I have tried multiple times and I have not been able to activate / engage the muscles needed for short foot. Do not know where to begin!

Thanks
Quote Reply