Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Inov-8 f-lite 195 - thoughts
Quote | Reply
Below are a few observations after having the Inov-8 f-lite 195's for a while now.

Digest: I'm a believer. Full on. Without hesitation, I recommend this shoe to you for all of your training distances.

Full:
These shoes came out in the fall of 2010 I believe. The idea as I read and have come to appreciate, was to create a type of racing flat that gave more of a natural foot position.

Like many flats, there isn't much to this shoe. Mesh wraps the foot and is reinforced by (possibly) the best lacing anchor system I have ever felt. The toes are capped with some sort of thicker rubber to protect slightly from debris. The heel has a low rise to keep the achilles happy and the overall heel to toe sole drop is 3mm.

When my foot strikes the ground, it hits somewhere between the front and the middle of my foot. I can't speak to how these shoes feel if you like to roll through on your heel. However, after many miles of dirt, rocks, roads and sand, I must say these shoes are a winner. They do exactly what Inov-8 was hoping they would do; they enable you to have a bit of cushion while putting your foot as close to a natural position as possible as it strikes the ground.

I've run a few halfs in VFF and couldn't stand how painful the pounding at mile 13 was on the ball of my foot. Inov-8's give the same feel as the VFF but I haven't experienced any pain in them at all, over any distance. They wear beautifully, the tread life is fantastic and its pattern is aggressive enough for trails but isn't uncomfortable on the road, they're light, they dry quickly, the fit is snug, they're very flexible, they "corner" without foot slip, and the logo is kind of interesting. I will say, I'm not a huge fan of the color selection (bright red or all black) but I'm running in them, not taking a client out to lunch.

All in all, if you have mid or forefoot strike, don't have a favorite shoe and are looking at new options for the season... this could be your shoe. I threw some xtenex laces on them and they have made quite a good racing shoe! I don't work for Inov-8 but since I absolutely love this shoe (and wish I had heard about them sooner) I felt compelled to relay my experience with a great company, that I now entrust my injury prone feet and legs to.
Quote Reply
Re: Inov-8 f-lite 195 - thoughts [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the x-talon 190s for trails only (the soles are like soft cleats). Couldn't be happier. They are narrow in the toe box which I normally can't do but there is so little shoe that the snugness feels right.
Gonna get those 195s for when the trails get hard packed.
Thanks for the review.

Minimal shoe haters may now commence your attacks.