Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Infinit Nutrition - What is in it that causes me to.......
Quote | Reply
Infinit Nutrition works well for me during training rides up to 5 hours. Then I almost always have diarrhea before or after running off the bike (4-8 miles).

This weekend at IMTX - Same thing 8-10 miles into run it started.... had to hit the Johns 5 times!

Perhaps too much sodium? I am in San Diego so not too hot and Texas was similar temps during race so perhaps I am not absorbing all the sodium?

Below is the mix I formulated based on their questionnaire. Is this mix more suitable for hotter temps?

Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition - What is in it that causes me to....... [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think your main problem is that Infinit is just plain disgusting. Try something else like Fluid Performance, or Glukos + Gatorlytes...that way you can mix/match your calories/electrolytes according to your needs.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition - What is in it that causes me to....... [The1Jacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much of this are you drinking per hour?
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition - What is in it that causes me to....... [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your formula is very, very close to mine. I have more calories. I’ve used it successfully for 16 IM’s. I concentrated 2 bottles plus water. So it can be done.

I opted to change it up for IM Santa Rosa next week and I’m going with Skratch and Carbo Pro. Simply tastes better.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition - What is in it that causes me to....... [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 24oz bottles 10 scoops total... one bottle per hour
Last edited by: scca_ita: May 4, 18 17:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call Infinit and ask, but my guess is you are takIng on too many calories for what your stomach is conditioned to.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition - What is in it that causes me to....... [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taste really degrades as to solution warms in the bottle. But I usually swap bottles that are in a cooler when training and mixed 2 concentrated bottle for race and fill BTA bottle while peeping bike before swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That consumption rate is fine. Your issues could stem from any number of things. Tough to diagnose right here. Nutrition is personal. Try switching things up. May need some trial and error during som high intensity workouts and/or B and C races.
Last edited by: Skyline Chili: May 4, 18 18:17
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition - What is in it that causes me to....... [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have called them many times and cannot get through.... this seems to be a lower GI issue... never feel nauseous or anything in the stomach.... but not sure just need to figure this out soon....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no problems with Infinit. Proteins sitting in a hot bottle might be it.
So, it doesn't work for you in training, but you used it in a race? Did I read that right?

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition - What is in it that causes me to....... [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Infinit works great for me on bike for race and training. Never feel low on energy at all or have stomach issues. But once off bike before or after run I have lower GI issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW I cannot drink Infinit on the run or I have same issues. Also, I don’t have any protein in my formula.

No issue on the bike or running off the bike, as long as I switch away from Infinit. For the run I just go with a gel every 35 min and drink water to thirst. Salt lick every few miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this all you take on the race? Any other supplements taken? What do you eat the night before and for breakfast?

Magnisium and whey are my "triggers", combined they become nuclear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scca_ita wrote:
Infinit works great for me on bike for race and training. Never feel low on energy at all or have stomach issues. But once off bike before or after run I have lower GI issues.

That’s the point Karl is making. If you knew it caused trouble running off the bike then maybe you should have trialled something new in training.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition - What is in it that causes me to....... [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Usually eat the same evening before race or training pasta and some veggies... same with race/training morning eggs and toast with almond butter coffee.

On bike 2 bonk breaker bars in addition to the Infinit.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition - What is in it that causes me to....... [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriguyBlue wrote:
scca_ita wrote:

That’s the point Karl is making. If you knew it caused trouble running off the bike then maybe you should have trialled something new in training.

Yes agree, the last 5 months I am using Infinit for the first time and was the first time for race nutrition. Really works on the bike so now back to the drawing board I guess. Maybe reduce the level of some of the mix items... so that is what I am trying to understand.... which items in the recipe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that your only nutrition?
I like some solid food and use Infinit as about 25% of my Calories.
On hot days, solid food is more difficult for me and I use more gels and/or fluids Calories.
Proteins in my Infinit messes up my intenstines in the heat, but great on a long cool ride.
Food for thought.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition - What is in it that causes me to....... [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
How much of this are you drinking per hour?

I've experimented a ton with calories/electros, and landed on generally 300ish cal/hour. Electros depend on heat, and can top out around 800 mg sodium/hour if it's really hot. Any more than that and my hands swell. Long rides with a short run afterward are a great lab for this kind of thing. You might feel amazing at the end of the ride and think you nailed your nutrition, but after a mile of running you realize immediately that something has gone terribly wrong and you can make adjustments next time until you get your "formula" set. Good luck!

Edit: that's for the bike only. After that, on the run, it's water and Coke only for me...not counting calories.
Last edited by: The1Jacker: May 5, 18 3:20
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition - What is in it that causes me to....... [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skyline Chili wrote:
Your formula is very, very close to mine. I have more calories. I’ve used it successfully for 16 IM’s. I concentrated 2 bottles plus water. So it can be done.

I opted to change it up for IM Santa Rosa next week and I’m going with Skratch and Carbo Pro. Simply tastes better.

scca_ita- if you are based in the US and you are interested in trying some Skratch shoot us an email at info@skratchlabs.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used to have similar issues when training for my first IM. All was fine on the bike, then when I was either changing clothes to go run or during my run, I would have to go.

Two things solved it:
- Take out all solids (get rid of the bars)
- Take in less calories. Your body is not able to absorb the calories you are feeding it. I was taking in 5 bottles of EFS Pro and ended up going down to 4 bottles.

I don't think its necessarily a infinit issue. But you need to start ruling some things out one at a time. I would suggest not replacing everything all at once because then you will never know what truly was the problem.

Process of elimination.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too much caffeine?
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition - What is in it that causes me to....... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Protein jumps out right away- that's a major no go for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get Rid of the Protein and Caffeine ...

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I learnt in my first IM to basically cut fibre the day before as I had GI issues. The last race I had GI issues with I went and had my gut flora analysed after and I had a parasite and other issues that caused it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also had terrible experiences with the lake water at imtx. I'm a weak swimmer and probably drank too much but it certainly doesn't help. Only race I've ever had issues.

When training I only have issues when I have to leave super early and can't hit the head before the workout.
Quote Reply

Prev Next