Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Indoor swim training
Quote | Reply
So going to the pool over the winter just doesn't work for me. Inconvenient and really really don't enjoy it, which equals I spend more time thinking about why I'm not swimming, than I actually spend swimming in the pool.

Was looking at the VASA, looks interesting for indoor training. as soon as it is warm enough I have no issues getting the work done outside. 1700 is a little steep for me, but would be ok, as long as knew I would love it, I'm not quite there yet.

So here are the options:

1. Saw the none Pro version not ERG for sale used. Anyone used this as a successful replacement, or is the ERG model needed?
2. DIY that you use which is equal, until you are ready to spend the 1700?

For reference not a very good swimmer. 36-37 min for a HIM. Not looking to make improvements, just maintain fitness so I'm ready when the weather breaks.
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor swim training [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vasa is best money I ever spent on triathlon. Get the erg - telling you how far you are going is really worth it. I do just about no swimming in water except for in races and my times are the same as when I swim a lot but the vasa is super convenient.
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor swim training [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just change how you approach swimming. I hate pool intervals and swimming like a hard workout, I frickin hate it. So i just swim a tempo pace for 2Km, or 3Km. Just to get in a rhythm, day dreaming away passing the time thinking about stuff and vaguely enjoying it. I'm not fast (about 34min for a 70.2 swim), but i can keep going for 5Km or more and i figure it's a holding pattern should i ever want to actually put some real training in.
Quote Reply