Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4.8 w/kg in her zwift race. Is she coming back to tri?
Last edited by: wetswimmer99: Nov 21, 19 20:30
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wetswimmer99 wrote:

Olympic marathon trials February.

This vid was pretty good at education about zwift. I didn't know you can draft in it or get speed upgrades...feels like cheating. I did zwift for the first time yesterday. The sprint feature is cool
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually was in a Zwift race with Gwen. We both got dropped from a group at the same time, and I was all excited that it was "Me & Gwen" riding together, and that'd we'd work hard taking pulls to make the group again. But.... she pulled the plug on the race and I was alone and heartbroken.

Best part of this video is exactly at the 18:00 minute mark. Nothing funnier than watching a Triathlete trying to sprint cause they/we rarely if ever train the Sprint. She broke 500 watts though!

Lionel got crushed in the Canadian Championship Zwift racing finals. He easily stayed with the main pack the whole race and then finished 20th in the bunch sprint. Lionel's peak 15 second power is only 723 watts, which is half of what I would guess!! My peak 15 second watts is 691 watts and I'm just a C Rider! But I've been practicing my sprint/ 15 sec power.
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They guy who won the Zwift USA National Championships this past spring is a *retired* pro triathlete.

Just like bike racing IRL, winning in Zwift is not just about being fit, but also about dosing efforts, knowing when to "burning matches" etc. And, Holden is good this.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Last edited by: philly1x: Nov 22, 19 10:20
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
I actually was in a Zwift race with Gwen. We both got dropped from a group at the same time, and I was all excited that it was "Me & Gwen" riding together, and that'd we'd work hard taking pulls to make the group again. But.... she pulled the plug on the race and I was alone and heartbroken.

Best part of this video is exactly at the 18:00 minute mark. Nothing funnier than watching a Triathlete trying to sprint cause they/we rarely if ever train the Sprint. She broke 500 watts though!

Lionel got crushed in the Canadian Championship Zwift racing finals. He easily stayed with the main pack the whole race and then finished 20th in the bunch sprint. Lionel's peak 15 second power is only 723 watts, which is half of what I would guess!! My peak 15 second watts is 691 watts and I'm just a C Rider! But I've been practicing my sprint/ 15 sec power.

funny, I was in a similar situation (this was back in early August). The really strong riders dropped the hammer, and it just a group of 15 or so. I tried to get away with another rider, and we got a 10-sec gap; then came Ms. Jorgensen, dragging us back. We weren't slouching either, but I think the fact that she was leading a larger group made her group move quite a bit faster, relative to a smaller group. She ended up dropping out before the finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
Nothing funnier than watching a Triathlete trying to sprint cause they/we rarely if ever train the Sprint. She broke 500 watts though!

This is not the case with ITU pros, for what it is worth...
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wetswimmer99 wrote:
Is she coming back to tri?

long story short Gwen has a fair amount of disdain for the ITU Federation. No, she is not coming back.
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want the long story. Why is that?

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
wetswimmer99 wrote:

This vid was pretty good at education about zwift. I didn't know you can draft in it or get speed upgrades...feels like cheating. I did zwift for the first time yesterday. The sprint feature is cool

Not gonna lie, I think she makes a helluva amount of power for an ex-triathlete, now marathoner. A pro marathoner has surprisingly weak legs. They just have ungodly amounts of aerobic power. I bet Eliud Kipchoge has like a 200watt FTP. lol

- Jordan

My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [Masnart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Masnart wrote:
synthetic wrote:
wetswimmer99 wrote:

Not gonna lie, I think she makes a helluva amount of power for an ex-triathlete, now marathoner. A pro marathoner has surprisingly weak legs. They just have ungodly amounts of aerobic power. I bet Eliud Kipchoge has like a 200watt FTP. lol

So someone post on his social media to do an ftp test! Most stationary bikes have watts read out at gyms around the world
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't need to watch that. I feel so weak so I'm getting on the bike damnit!!!

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Breaking 500 watts? Is that special? I am sure Lionel can do more than 723 watts for 15 seconds
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Na she’s coming back to Tri. Sadly, I don’t think She has a chance at qualifying for Olympics given the injuries and surgery.

ajthomas wrote:
wetswimmer99 wrote:
Is she coming back to tri?

long story short Gwen has a fair amount of disdain for the ITU Federation. No, she is not coming back.
Last edited by: EnderWiggan: Nov 22, 19 15:52
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
Breaking 500 watts? Is that special? I am sure Lionel can do more than 723 watts for 15 seconds

I watch a lot of Zwift racing. I really enjoy racing and watching races on Zwift Community live via Twitch and Youtube. On the high end, I've seen former elite male Track Sprinters max out at just over 1500 watts in a Zwift race Sprint finishes. Most male A+ riders are around 1000 to 1200 watts Sprint max power. As surprising amount of male A riders sprint right around 700 watts. For a female cyclist 500 watt Max is very impressive.

Regarding Lionel, the data doesn't lie. According to Lionel's Zwift Power page, his best 15 second power in 34 races from March 2017 to August 2019, his best 15 second power is 763 watts. He did this on Aug 30th of this year in a Zwift race in a Sprint vs. Kim Little. And Kim Little edged Lionel out in the sprint, granted Kim has over 600 Zwift races!! Easily more than anyone. Lionel's also admitted in his videos he sucks at sprinting cause long course Triathletes rarely, if ever, need to sprint.
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gwen definitely is coming back.....to accounting.
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just posted about watching her latest 20 min video, which was very raw and real. 6 months post major injury and she's still a ways away from racing. Have you ever watched a sporting event of 2 teams just playing out the season? Teams with no chance of postseason, but just have to play the games cus it's the schedule.....That's was my 1st reaction to her video. She's just seemingly going to play out her running until there's no more chances.

As I said I totally got why she switched, and I totally understand why she'll never come back to triathlon. I just kinda felt after watching this video, kinda sad that this is kinda how it ends. "Meh"

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so I'm nobody and I can do that for 15 seconds and one minute over 500.
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take context into the consideration also when looking at those numbers. If those were sprint numbers, I'm guessing that's at the end of what 1hr race? 40 min race?

I'm sure he could put some good numbers down "fresh" during a workout.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mine were at the end of a race. Now I get that he might not train them he may also not have tested. Gwen's number seemed quite low.

Though Zwift over rewards light people
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:

you're not nobody... you are: 'stevie g of slowtwitch.com fame!'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
You may be a nobody but you're clearly desperate for validation from others in your quest to be *somebody*. If I say I'm impressed will you shut up?
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [Masnart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Masnart wrote:
A pro marathoner has surprisingly weak legs.

This is such an absurd statement I can't help but quote it and respond. What data do you have to support this wildly outlandish (and wrong) belief?

I bet a lot of money Bernard Lagat could drop you like a bad habit on the bike.

Also, Eliud weighs probably 120lbs so a 200w FTP is not "incredibly weak legs" territory.
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Masnart wrote:

This is such an absurd statement I can't help but quote it and respond. What data do you have to support this wildly outlandish (and wrong) belief?

Also, Eliud weighs probably 120lbs so a 200w FTP is not "incredibly weak legs" territory.

The amount of distance marathoners cover with each stride requires quite a bit of leg strength.
Quote Reply
Re: In case you are wondering how many watt gwen jorgenson does [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJP_SBR wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
Masnart wrote:

The amount of distance marathoners cover with each stride requires quite a bit of leg strength.

Agree w/ James here.

Elite/strong runners can typically be strong cyclist from the get go, but cyclist typically are not strong runners from the get go.........

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply

Prev Next