Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

In Stitches.. no really.
Quote | Reply
Am I alone in my ability to fall with vexing regularity while running? Though I've gone for a year or two at a time without falling, generally I find that once or twice a year I trip on an uneven payment or debris in the road, and end up with sore and bloody knees.

Heading out for a 15 mile on Saturday morning, just about a 1 mile into the run I stepped on a large rock while running down a fairly steep paved road. My ankle turned, and I went down pretty hard. I picked myself up, inspected the damage (ground meat for knees), walked off the soreness for a few minutes, then finished the run with a small amount of blood running down my legs into my socks. I'm sure I was a sight, but it was a beautiful day on Saturday, unusual in PA this time of year, and I knew I would feel worse if I didn't do the run than if I did.

Once I got home I started to clean up and realized that my right knee had a pretty deep gash in it and would require stitches. I ended up with 4 stitches and a sore arm from a tetanus shot.

Surely I can't be the only person that falls down with regularity? I don't know if I'm careless, oblivious or just plain clumsy...!
Quote Reply
Re: In Stitches.. no really. [luvmytrek2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't actually go down but I stumble a lot. My friend calls me the weeble b/c of my amazing ability to stay on my feet. In reality I have just developed an ability to recover because I have been falling a lot my whole live. My biggest nemesis is a parking lot that I run through as part of my commuting run in the morning - it is dark and I always trip over one of the many speed bumps.

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply