Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Images from the 2019 Alaskaman Extreme Tri
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Images from the 2019 Alaskaman Extreme Tri [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Screw it!! I got serious hypothermia 2 times and no thanks for this.
Quote Reply
Re: Images from the 2019 Alaskaman Extreme Tri [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The last two years temperatures ranged from as low as 46ºF in the swim to 80ºF+ on Alyeska. Brutal. And that run course...start your plyometric exercises now if you plan to race next year-ain't nothing flat!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful. Definitely on the list.
Quote Reply
Re: Images from the 2019 Alaskaman Extreme Tri [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
Beautiful. Definitely on the list.
Better get signed up soon as I can't imagine the race is sustainable with so few entrants.It would be a huge shame for this race to shut down due to low numbers..
Quote Reply
Re: Images from the 2019 Alaskaman Extreme Tri [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is Chattanooga for you. Nice community, warm weather, and down river swimming

s13tx wrote:
Screw it!! I got serious hypothermia 2 times and no thanks for this.
Quote Reply
Re: Images from the 2019 Alaskaman Extreme Tri [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This race isn't put on to make revenue so I don't know how much that will factor into the decision if it happens in 2020.

However, the biggest obstacle that race faces is continuing to work with the state on allowing those athletes on that bike course. Its the only road available from Seward to Girdwood. It's a 2 lane road with at sometimes no shoulder and in the middle fo fishing and tourist season. It's a packed highway all day as most Alaskans (hell all fish on the weekends) and the tourist traffic does not stop.

I'm sure Aaron will chime in at some point but he puts this race on because he loves Alaska not really to make profit, the costs are just too high for what they are pulling in.

Hoping it survives but I feel it's time here is very limited.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have never done a full, but if I decide to, I want it to be this or something similar. Awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Images from the 2019 Alaskaman Extreme Tri [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
This race isn't put on to make revenue so I don't know how much that will factor into the decision if it happens in 2020.

However, the biggest obstacle that race faces is continuing to work with the state on allowing those athletes on that bike course. Its the only road available from Seward to Girdwood. It's a 2 lane road with at sometimes no shoulder and in the middle fo fishing and tourist season. It's a packed highway all day as most Alaskans (hell all fish on the weekends) and the tourist traffic does not stop.

I'm sure Aaron will chime in at some point but he puts this race on because he loves Alaska not really to make profit, the costs are just too high for what they are pulling in.

Hoping it survives but I feel it's time here is very limited.
I get that he may not be in it to make money but I would be surprised if his love of the race would be a reason to lose money.There comes a time where you just have to make the decision.
Quote Reply