Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If you haven't logged a run in the 100/100 challenge
Quote | Reply
is it a technical issue? meaning, you did the run and you can't get it to register on the challenge? we have, as of this writing, a tick over 700 entered in the challenge, but only about 500 have entered a run. this happens every year. if you're 1 of the 200 who hasn't logged a run...

1. are you in the right challenge? we have a yearlong challenge, the Big Kahuna, and it's just about over, and somehow it grew from 88 participants to 107 in the last week. (who would enter a challenge 345 days into a 365 day challenge?) make sure you entered the correct challenge.

2. are you having technical trouble entering a workout?

3. are you trying to get strava to sync your workouts down and it's not working?

if you need technical help, ask here in this thread, we'll get you an answer.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Dec 18, 18 9:43
Quote Reply
Re: If you haven't logged a run in the 100/100 challenge [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4. It's an inside job where someone created some additional accounts and joined the challenge just to pad the numbers. You've been hacked.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: If you haven't logged a run in the 100/100 challenge [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only upload runs/workout data about once a week to make my life easier. I also have only run once since the 25th, so...

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: If you haven't logged a run in the 100/100 challenge [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
I only upload runs/workout data about once a week to make my life easier. I also have only run once since the 25th, so...

Ditto. I'll just have to run 35 times in the last week of the challenge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to say that I haven't experienced any problems linking with Strava and importing runs and checking my status in the challenge. All seems to work as designed, which is unusual for anything to do with computers these days. Good job whoever set this up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the second or third year in a row I managed to get injured just before the start of the challenge. 9 days without running and counting. Grrrrr....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PEBKAC, I thought the Strava link was automatic. I had to click it again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
is it a technical issue? meaning, you did the run and you can't get it to register on the challenge? we have, as of this writing, a tick over 700 entered in the challenge, but only about 500 have entered a run. this happens every year. if you're 1 of the 200 who hasn't logged a run...

1. are you in the right challenge? we have a yearlong challenge, the Big Kahuna, and it's just about over, and somehow it grew from 88 participants to 107 in the last week. (who would enter a challenge 345 days into a 365 day challenge?) make sure you entered the correct challenge.

2. are you having technical trouble entering a workout?

3. are you trying to get strava to sync your workouts down and it's not working?

if you need technical help, ask here in this thread, we'll get you an answer.

I heard what is going on, is that all those guys hired a team of car drivers to drive loops of the track at Monza on the last week of the challenge. Now what is going to happens is all those guys are shipping their Garmins to the track and on the last week, a driver is going start driving for 6.25 days. The garmins will be in motion for 30 minutes after which the driver is taking a break for 60 minutes. This will go on for 6.25 days reaching 100 sessions of 30 minutes.

Suddenly 200+ people will vault to hero status on the 100/100 depending on how fast the driver moves. I suggest that he drives at 21 kph which would be right in line with the Nike approved sub 2 hour run pace. The last 30 minutes the 100/100 cheater car will be used as a pace car for a bunch of Kenyans and Ethiopians trying to break 2 hours.

On the Monday following, Letsrun will break loose with the cheater sub 2 result. In parallel, the slowtwitch sleuths will deploy worldwide spies from sportstats to uncover what happened.

Of course all these garmins will be synced to the ST log via Strava!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I joined the Big Kahuna challenge when I joined the 100 runs challenge because I figured I could load up my Strava for the year and see where I was. Then I realized Strava synch only goes back 120 days and....oh well.

------------------------------
The first time man split the atom was when the atom tried to hold Jens Voigt's wheel, but cracked.
Quote Reply
Re: If you haven't logged a run in the 100/100 challenge [BigDig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the same thing.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran my Masters PR for a 5K on 12/15 and this challenge doesn't even count it? I guess I need to run slower if I want to show up in the logs;)
Quote Reply
Re: If you haven't logged a run in the 100/100 challenge [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
I ran my Masters PR for a 5K on 12/15 and this challenge doesn't even count it? I guess I need to run slower if I want to show up in the logs;)

it would count if you: A) warmed up and warmed down; and/or B) you ran the underage on this day as an overage on either the day before or the day after (as is outlined in the rule).

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: If you haven't logged a run in the 100/100 challenge [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:

Yeah dude, Mo Farah came to me with the same complaint after he won the London Olympics 5000m and 10000m double. He closed his 5000m with a 53 second final lap and his last mile was way faster than Bannister. Then he did his victory laps and was waaaay under the 30 min total. So then he does the 10,000m out kicks Galen Rupp and crew and whines at the 100/100 rules on account of his victory laps getting cut short due to photo opps with his kids. We had to lay down the law on Mo.

Well at the least the IOC gave hims some credit and the Queen made him a Knight so there's that even if the 100/100 rules were upheld.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I fixed my link from Strava so it should be recording now.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply