Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If you hated Mr. Tibbs part 2....
Quote | Reply
I like this thread. I can write all the crap I want it will be easy for you to avoid it.

Sorry in reflective mood...

I was in traffic this morning. Gridlock so I wasn't going anywhere. I had Carol King spinning so I was in one of those stare into space what is the meaning of life moods. Don't you just love Carol?

I noticed I was looking at my hands. Full of new and half healed cuts and stabs. Rough with calluses. fingernails that are kept way to short. I looked at them and realized I didn't know the back of my hand. I never paid them any mind.

As I looked I saw my life in these hand. These hands are the tools I have used to get where I am today. Alive. With my hands I have broken all 10 commandments. I use them to raise my kids and love my wife. These hand change as I do.

At one point they where a sight to be hold. They where a 3-d relief map. Veins and tendons stretched like cables to the muscles of my fore arms. They where real weapons. They desired to be used. To build, destroy, to help heal and to forcefully damage. When the rest of me would break. When the loads where to big. When the marches would butcher my knees, when my back would twist and my mind would make me forget where I was out of pure exhaustion. Only to bring to a place where I would want to cry tell the team to fuck off and run home I knew my hands where there. They never broke. No matter what load my hands would take it. They would bring me back. Only now do I realize that.

My hands are beautiful when I help my kids or support my wife. They are horrible when I see the blood still on them. Lady Mcbeth begged "out out damn spot!" but the spots stay. They stay and they don't leave.

Now my hands are my father’s hands. Weak, scared and poor. My hands now make see I am my father. I don't know how to feel about that. At once he is a funny, loving, great guy. The father all of us want. Too many hugs, too many kisses and lots of support. At the same time to weak to really protect you. Too scared to make a stand. He is man though. I will love him beyond all others but fight like hell to not be his twin. The direction I'm heading.

So I must go back to my hands. I must make them strong again. I hands that have never let my down. I must now build with them again. No just for me though. For all of us. I want to build us. This forum, my city, my country. The life of the scared is too comfortable. It cradles you in self-doubt and excuses. It covers you in a layer of fat that keeps your warm and protects your heart.

I am lost how. One pair of horribly ill fitting cycling shoes, cracked helmet, one beautiful bike that is being kept from me do to debt, a pair of cycling shorts that are wearing through, one great pair of running shoes, and a forum. Not a lot and nothing more coming but tools nonetheless.

I am turning too my hands.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: If you hated Mr. Tibbs part 2.... [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mr. Tibbs, more than you can know. I'm up right now at 3:42am EST, looking for some wisdom, and I found some. I just had a dream about my dad, one of many that I often have, disturbing just like all of them are. It's a funny thing right now. My wife is sleeping soundly, and outside it's well below zero. No one is stirring except me and my life's reflections, questions and inner struggles. It's kind of like time is standing still right now for everyone except me, crazy.

Anyways, your post resonated with me on many levels, and I wanted you to know.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one beautiful bike that is being kept from me do to debt

OMG how can you say that!

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: If you hated Mr. Tibbs part 2.... [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you get that picture? No one was supposed to know you fool!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where else - It's off the Mr Tibbs Racing website.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should be getting paid for that kind of writing.

I am going to Denver next week for the funeral of my uncle. Korean war vet who survived the Chinese invasion. Smoked Pall Malls for 20 years and got lung cancer. Lived for 10 more years after that, but gave up the ghost because just breathing was too tiring. While I am there I will stay at home with my parents. My Dad now, after two heart attacks, prostate cancer (for which the radiation treatment burned through his colon and urethra), is a withered, old man at age 78. What happened to these two men who seemed so big and strong when I was little? How long will it be until my boys see me that way?

See what you do to me when you write that stuff? You don't know the power you have in your fingertips.

BC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbs, wow. You're a great writer and much deeper than your white thong post would imply. In just one day, you may have merited awards for the most, and least, profound posts of the year. I think of you as both the Alp d'Huez stage winner and Lantern Rouge of this forum.
Quote Reply
Nicer than nice [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for you kind words guys. Your check is in the mail. Hid did you fake that photo or is it real?

Quote Reply
Re: Nicer than nice [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I faked it. It was originally the CSC team truck.

http://www.cervelo.com/...s%20at%20work-sm.jpg

Quote Reply
Re: Nicer than nice [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hit properties on it and got to some wierd site. Never claimed to be smart.

Quote Reply