Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If you're sick of questionable run form, here's some good run form on a hard run after a long ride feat. the Hoff
Quote | Reply
A couple of weeks ago I got the chance to shoot some video of Ben Hoffman whilst on a run in the middle of a day of training here in Tucson. We haven't gotten the chance to see much of the Hoff this year, but "behind the scenes" he's been putting in some impressive work and is sharpening the knife for Kona.

This particular workout was a 4hr ride followed by an longer run with some quality work in there. It worked out to running quite a bit under 6 min/mi pace by the final parts of the hard stuff on the run. It was very warm this day (and has been) in Tucson, so the training load was pretty intense when considered with the thermal load.

All of this video was shot on the DJI Mavic Pro.

of note: this was just me getting to shoot some video and isn't meant to be "branded" content on behalf of anybody

Last edited by: jkhayc: Sep 21, 18 16:57
Quote Reply
Re: If you're sick of questionable run form, here's some good run form on a hard run after a long ride [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look out talbotcox!

Nice video, thanks for sharing. Ben has been solid the past few years (3rd, 4th, and 9th at Kona over the past 4 year), but for whatever reason he doesn’t get nearly as much chatter on here as a lot of guys he routinely beats. The Cape Epic thing seemed to screw up his season but he did what he’d need to do at IMSA (finish) and grabbed 2nd place finishes in both his 70.3’s. Though he’s not in my top 3 prediction wise, I wouldn’t be entirely suprised if he ended up on the podium.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: If you're sick of questionable run form, here's some good run form on a hard run after a long ride feat. the Hoff [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great edit.

We should all agree the Hoff can run. What I would give to glide like that!

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: If you're sick of questionable run form, here's some good run form on a hard run after a long ride feat. the Hoff [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'm sure you recognize "The Loop" given your travels here. For those that don't know, the path they are running on consists of over 100 miles of pathways exactly like this one. All protected. All well paved. Much with smooth dirt sections alongside. Very awesome.

The Hoff is an efficient dude. Great aero position and his run economy is really impressive, even at the end of a hard run in this workout (after a 4hr bike ride).
Last edited by: jkhayc: Sep 21, 18 19:04
Quote Reply
Re: If you're sick of questionable run form, here's some good run form on a hard run after a long ride [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other pro triathletes can come across a bit ... sensational ... whether intentional or not.

Quote:
but for whatever reason he doesn’t get nearly as much chatter on here as a lot of guys he routinely beats.
Quote Reply
Re: If you're sick of questionable run form, here's some good run form on a hard run after a long ride feat. the Hoff [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More of this please. I see you strava w/ him all the time; be his cox
Quote Reply
Re: If you're sick of questionable run form, here's some good run form on a hard run after a long ride feat. the Hoff [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peace242000 wrote:
More of this please. I see you strava w/ him all the time; be his cox

Haha, not sure how I feel about being someone's Cox
Last edited by: jkhayc: Sep 22, 18 12:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seeing any other pros around doing heat acclimation?

I see from Insta that Lindsey and Heather are there. Maybe they’ll let you follow them around too!

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since you're hanging out with the Hoff, can you post a video of his brand new disc brake Shiv? I'd really like to see that.

Edited to add: Also, why isn't he posting on Strava anymore? I loved seeing what he was doing.
Last edited by: jpay: Sep 24, 18 8:21
Quote Reply
Re: If you're sick of questionable run form, here's some good run form on a hard run after a long ride feat. the Hoff [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What new Shiv......?

The distancing from Strava was due in no small part to discovering that other athletes were essentially copying the training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
What new Shiv......?

The distancing from Strava was due in no small part to discovering that other athletes were essentially copying the training.

The Shiv that I am hoping Specialized is coming out with. Ha. I was just poking for any hints. Bummer about the Strava stuff. My friends and I loved seeing his bike and run training, it was impressive. Now we only get to gawk at Wurf's training.
Quote Reply
Re: If you're sick of questionable run form, here's some good run form on a hard run after a long ride feat. the Hoff [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If there is a new Shiv, I am sure that it will be a little outlandish but pretty intelligent. Hypothetically, it would also have a cool paint job as well as some nifty integration features that are fairly well thought out but still in the prototype phase. In theory, it would be insanely expensive to buy a bike like this, but you'd be buying a well designed and well thought out hyperbike. In theory.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
impressive stuff, for sure.

but: craig mottram did a duathlon, once, so for my money he's got the best running form of any multisport athlete ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNY2Cf7uAHA

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: If you're sick of questionable run form, here's some good run form on a hard run after a long ride feat. the Hoff [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
impressive stuff, for sure.

but: craig mottram did a duathlon, once, so for my money he's got the best running form of any multisport athlete ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNY2Cf7uAHA

it would be an interesting discussion to debate who has the top run economy of any Kona podium finisher, ever.
Quote Reply