Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
If You Bought a Bike Today, What Would You Buy?
Quote | Reply
Inquiring minds (everywhere) want to know.

If you are buying a bike in the next 180 days, what are you going to buy?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: If You Bought a Bike Today, What Would You Buy? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be buying a new bike in the next week or so...P2 or B14 which ever fits better

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: If You Bought a Bike Today, What Would You Buy? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i AM going to buy a bike, ahem, my FIRST tri bike, in the next 180 days. and in my case it's most likely going to be a cervelo p1. nothing super fancy and costing more than my car. but it will be mine and i will love it.
Quote Reply
Re: If You Bought a Bike Today, What Would You Buy? [callmefierce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P1's are very impressive. I wager you will love it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: If You Bought a Bike Today, What Would You Buy? [callmefierce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speed Concept. 9 or 7...???...???...??? By the time I replace the front brake, jury rig a Problem Solvers cable stop, and upgrade the bars, I've spent enough to go ahead and by the 9, especially if I buy a competitive set of bars instead of the Visions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A Trek Madone road bike
A Scott Plasma 3 tri bike
and a Giant TCX Advanced SL cross bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I bought one (frameset) yesterday, does that count? I wanted something that was a little different so I ended up with a BMC Team Machine (roadbike) that I'm going to build up as a winter project.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right now I want to spend the next 6 months on a road bike...if I had the cash I'd dismatle my P2-SL and hang my current groupset a Cervelo Superprodigy.

So I'd buy a (used) Superprodigy frameset, size 54...the black one of course (yep, bad paint & all).

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: If You Bought a Bike Today, What Would You Buy? [Maineiac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd build up a track bike with a front brake. Not to be hipster-riffic and blend in with the fixie crowd, but because I think riding a fixed gear is a great training tool. The Cervelo T1 would fit me like a glove...

------
Hairodynamic Draft Horse
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt F2, Felt B2

If I came into money:

Felt F1 and a MARTINI SHIV!

Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze
Quote Reply
Re: If You Bought a Bike Today, What Would You Buy? [Maineiac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That counts- thank you. Nice bike by the way...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: If You Bought a Bike Today, What Would You Buy? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A black Madsen with a bucket.

Quote | Reply
I'm building up a Giant MCR at the moment.

New bike? I can't afford what I want, but am interested to see what Cervelo do next. I think they're the next brand due an overhaul.

What I'd really like is a firm to do a Di2 top of the range bike minus the wheels. I've got some decent ones already.

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After my F.I.S.T. fitting I just ordered a brand new Felt B2 Pro frame and will build it out with Dura Ace components.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to build up a softride power V or classic.

Running is a gift.
Quote Reply
Re: If You Bought a Bike Today, What Would You Buy? [Jiowa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jiowa, I loved those bikes too and owned... three different Softrides I think. Had some good races on them. You and I would need a time machine to get one of those though....

"Mr. Peabody, set the wayback machine for 1989...."

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just last week, I bought a Felt AR2. With all the snow and ice, I have only ridden it once.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scott Addict RC

and then something like one of these
Last edited by: Tim_Canterbury: Feb 3, 11 15:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom Demerly wrote:
Inquiring minds (everywhere) want to know.

If you are buying a bike in the next 180 days, what are you going to buy?

Wow Tom, it's not like you to ask such a vague question. What do you have in mind?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
S-works Era frameset, then build it up with Sram XX and Stan's wheels.

In reality? Era Carbon - Should be ordering it sometime in March (every hour at work, thinking "bike money...")

Vale!
Tracy T
http://www.thelencoaching.com
Some light reading::: http://www.tracythelen.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does this have to actually be within my budget?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered a Blue Triad SL to replace my P3C ;-)

Sam
samgyde.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One with a motor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same as I have now....a P4 and S3

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team