Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I wanted to give one of you a CycleOps Hammer just now, but I couldn't...
Quote | Reply
... because the fellow who wrote in a recent thread that he wants to upgrade to a direct drive trainer, but couldn't afford it is, alas, not signed up for our Circ Drive. but i'm still looking to give that trainer away!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: I wanted to give one of you a CycleOps Hammer just now, but I couldn't... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for an upgrade and believe I'm on the circulation list............just saying

Though, of course, if postage were an issue I'd be delighted with pedals..........again, just throwing it out there........
Last edited by: Andrewmc: Jun 20, 18 10:33
Quote Reply
Re: I wanted to give one of you a CycleOps Hammer just now, but I couldn't... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh you could still give it away

or the pedals

Ignore all the sob stories being posted below. It's all #fakenews

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Last edited by: Leddy: Jun 20, 18 10:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to upgrade from my lousy old mag trainer so I can participate in ST group rides on Zwift. And I'm signed up on the circ drive. Also just sayin'!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats my boat too. I have been wanting to get a smart trainer so that I could train with zwift, but after purchasing a bike this fall I don't know when I could make a purchase. I have been using an early 2000 model magnetic trainer I bought at a garage sale for about 15 dollars the last couple of years. . .before that was a wind trainer from the same era!

EDIT: This is how I am riding these days. . .

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Last edited by: AlyraD: Jun 20, 18 10:56
Quote Reply
Re: I wanted to give one of you a CycleOps Hammer just now, but I couldn't... [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like the guys above are good candidates! I am looking to upgrade to power pedals but can't afford to. I have been riding triathalons on MTB pedals for years. I now have a tri bike, but can't spend $800 on pedals. I train exlusively indoors on power and having power during races would be huge for me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
... because the fellow who wrote in a recent thread that he wants to upgrade to a direct drive trainer, but couldn't afford it is, alas, not signed up for our Circ Drive. but i'm still looking to give that trainer away!

Well on moving to Canada from AUS in FEB - I had to ditch my crappy old mag trainer as it was too heavy to ship and not worth while in the first place... Come winter I'll be sitting under the car port staring at snow on some kind of trainer but hopefully a smart one... at least I wont need to buy fans! (it'll be -25)
Quote Reply
Re: I wanted to give one of you a CycleOps Hammer just now, but I couldn't... [Helliquin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a new direct drive trainer :) All signed up too.
Last edited by: trimac2: Jun 20, 18 10:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been trainer less for over a year now and could really use one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never ridden with power indoors or out and never had an indoor trainer. Would love to take my bike fitness to next level in 2019 by training thru the long cold upstate NY winter which I currently can't do - can't afford/wife won't allow me to buy fat bike! I figure a smart trainer would help with this endeavor. Thank you for your time. Circ drive, check!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could use a new trainer. My Fluid2 sounds like it’s about to blow up.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm signed up and conveniently looking for a new trainer so I can retire/donate my father's 15+ year old, rusty, CycleOps Fluid trainer.

I’ve recently moved to Phoenix, AZ to start a non-bike life career. The few roads to ride are flooded with some of the worst drivers in the country (I’ve already been hit once commuting home from work), and these days are peaking around 110 degrees, but it’s a ‘dry heat’ right? My co-workers tell me it still gets hotter for the next couple months.

This time of the year the only real way to ride, is on a trainer in the AC or by getting up at 4am and covering your bike in lights so you have a chance of not getting mowed down when ‘rush hour’ starts at 6.

Please and thank you for your consideration.
Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: Jun 22, 18 7:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After two faulty Tacx Vortex units, I could use some consistency and lack of rolldown calibration in my indoor life, especially in long Midwest winters. I think the Hammer fits my needs as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman,

My pain cave could sure use an upgrade, AND I'm signed up for the Circ drive. So, if you are looking for someone to send it to...........

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have a trainer, but would love to have one!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been eyeing a direct drive trainer for a while now as a replacement to my Tacx Vortex. I would love to gift my Vortex to a newcomer to the triathlon scene here in Calgary.

Canadian Professional Triathlete

Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I definitely would use the trainer to join the 21st century! I've been using the same fluid trainer for the past 10+ years, and just can't stand riding indoors anymore. Perhaps joining the virtual training world would help reignite my waning desire to train...
Cheers,
John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm signed up for the circ drive and would love to upgrade from my $20 Craig's list mag trainer, but the wife would kill me if I bought one today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the circ drive was a random drawing of those who signed up, but since everybody is begging, er, stating their case....PLEASE PLEASE pick me, my tri bike is 650c and the road bike is 700c and having to adjust the rear resistance drum unit and the front wheel leveling block every time I change bikes is a total PITA!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and kids were sure appreciate something a bit quieter during the pre-dawn trainer sessions, which are making up the bulk of my training time right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A 3 year & 5 month old mean I’ll be confined to base for a looong while yet....
Currently on a 12 yr old flow that is slowly rusting away.
I’ll pay the postage!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a newcomer to this sport, I have already spent all my money on bike, shoes and swim gear. It would be great to have a trainer to give me more opportunities to train and keep this graph going down :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want to pass it on down the line, I know a guy that is starting to bike indoors a lot more due to a newborn. Help a babysitter out ;)

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't send me one, unless you want a critical review showing its faults as well as its graces. I'll also show why quoted max slope is a buncha hooey for all trainers and compare the sensations of riding particular climbs IRL and indoors. Might not be the good story everyone wants to hear.
Quote Reply

Prev Next