Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I wanna move!!!!
Quote | Reply
Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I'm in my early thirties, self employed and can work anywhere, currently living in Chicago and I've always lived within a 100 mi radius of here. I think it's time for a change.

I've been thinking Boulder/Denver or SoCal. I'm looking for more information than just tri stuff... lil help here please?

Thanks!

Breakfast is for Closers
Quote Reply
Re: I wanna move!!!! [140pt6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First off, you should get an award for your user name. Awesome.

I hear you 140pt6. I frequently wonder what I am doing here. I have my bike shop- which I love, but I only truly feel "at home" when I am gone.

"Life is walking the wire, all the rest is waiting" Carl Walenda.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You a trader?

I live in Chicago now. Grew up here. I went to college in CO but came back here to trade. I have been trading off the floor for a while now and am ready to move back to CO. I dont know what town but definately CO. Boulder is beautiful. Right in the foothills. The weather is good too. 300+ days of sun every year! Thats more than Miami.
Quote Reply
Re: I wanna move!!!! [paintrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah... just left retail brokerage and I'm trading full time now... just starting out so covering the bills is key and not doing anything funky...

How'd ya guess?

There is a lot I love about Chicago, but I went to Denver/Boulder for a week last fall and fell in love with it there.

I'm concerned about culture shock...

Breakfast is for Closers
Quote Reply
Re: I wanna move!!!! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're just suffering from post-IM depression. I'm serious (even though I'm not ironclm nor my wife is a psichiatric nurse...)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with Tom, cool handle. Having lived around the world and across the country, where ever you live there will be some place else that might be better. Every location has its goods and others. Go for what ever, but be aware of the it's greener on the other side foibles.
Larry

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: I wanna move!!!! [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I could blame it on that, Coach.

My last IM was Wisconsin in 2002. I didn't even race last year! :-)

I couldn't believe my handle wasn't taken. :-D

Breakfast is for Closers
Last edited by: 140pt6: Mar 18, 04 7:49
Quote Reply
Re: I wanna move!!!! [letter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Larry is right, most of the time people want to move but when you get where you are going your life has a tendancy to be identical to how it was before.

Colorado and California and Florida is packed with displaced easterners and midwesterners who moved there to fix all their problems. I'm certainly not infering that is the case with you fine sir/ma'am, 140pt6. But I do observe that is some people.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was talking to Tom :-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Well I had to move to Chicago about two years ago now and ready to move back to either Boulder, CO where I lived for 6 years or So Cal..live there San Diego for past 13 years just prior to moving to lovely Chicago. I am ready to move back there.

San Diego has a big tri club and they train all the time and have alot of activities and there are fantastic bike ride with lots of hills and the weather is usually conducive to training most of the time outdoors.

Boulder, CO or Denver while can be nice most of the year will get snow storms in winter leaving 2-5 feet of snow which then melts quickly and then back to spring like temps 40-65 in winter with no snow. They also get Chinook winds this time of year which can be fierce and 100 MPH is not uncommon. but that never hampered training. During the summer you can bank on getting rained on every afternoon. But the altitude is awesome and once you become acclimated to the altitude its great. Return to sea level and you will be pleasantly surprised at your performance.

Anyway, thats my two cents..for this post..

thanks

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Re: I wanna move!!!! [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see said the blind man....

Breakfast is for Closers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was easy when you said you are self employed in Chicago and could live anywhere.

What do you trade? Futures for me. Pretty dead today. I'm at the CME.
Quote Reply
Re: I wanna move!!!! [paintrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s&p 100 options.

Kinda fun to set up the computer, bike on the trainer, dog on the couch, Bloomberg TV on and cut my commute from an hour to about 45 seconds.

Breakfast is for Closers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL. Cant beat the 45 sec. commute in Chicago traffic!
Quote Reply