Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I think Lionel Saunders leg is okay/Race report Leamington Sprint Triathlon
Quote | Reply
I did a sprint tri in Leamington this morning. I lightened up my training knowing that but also did two hours of shoveling dirt on Wednesday and Friday so legs a bit tired going in. Lionel Saunders was in the race he lives about an hour away. Kudos to Lionel who keeps showing up at local races.

Swim is in Leamington harbor on north side of Lake Eire. This year despite 20 mph winds it was calm in harbor because of wind direction. I did 13:27 which was better than last year for the 750m. Swim won by a guy named Jessie Elf (has had ears surgically altered to look like elf ears and runs in an elf hat) in 9:30. Lionel second in 10:12. If you take my 1500m swim time in an Olympic and divide by two it is always faster than my 750m time. I think it is because the first 300m or so of any swim race it feels like my wetsuit is too tight and like I am not getting enough air. After that I settle down and it seems fine. Can't say my sighting was the greatest either this time. Water temp a nice 67.

Bike in I think about 36 min. Flat bike course wind in your face going out, on your back going in.

Run 5K in 24:12. Happy with that. As I was heading out for the run at about 200m in Lionel was coming in. He ran 15:30 for 5K I just saw him head on he didn't look like his stride had any problems. Lionel won by about 5 min. I don't think he has an easy gear.

Transitions were about 1:40 each. They sure are not very fast but it wouldn't have changed much as two guys in my age group went 1:11 for the day. I did 1:17 total time. Race started at 7:30 am. I live 1 hr from race site and was home by 10:30. Love those local races. 80 people in the sprint tri I was 20th. I am in my early 50s.

Great day thankyou race organizers.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: I think Lionel Saunders leg is okay/Race report Leamington Sprint Triathlon [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This Lionel Saunders guy sounds like he might be as fast as Lionel Sanders.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Jun 10, 18 8:11
Quote Reply
Re: I think Lionel Saunders leg is okay/Race report Leamington Sprint Triathlon [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to see Elf get his clocked cleaned by a real pro. This guy shows up at every local race in the province.
Quote Reply