What bike are you coming from?
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2016 BMC TM01. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love mine. Plenty of QR PRseries haters out there. But, my homework came up with a very fast bike, much lighter than many of the other 'superbikes', and easier to work with if you can handle most bike chores. Been on it for 1.5 years and I've found all of that to be true. Satisfies my need for a really good tri bike.

Congrats & enjoy!

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you "slammed" up front?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [morpheus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
morpheus wrote:
I love mine. Plenty of QR PRseries haters out there. But, my homework came up with a very fast bike, much lighter than many of the other 'superbikes', and easier to work with if you can handle most bike chores. Been on it for 1.5 years and I've found all of that to be true. Satisfies my need for a really good tri bike. Congrats & enjoy!

are there PR6 haters out there? i haven't seen them. i rode a PR6 at kona this year. it was set up to my fit coordinates in advance, and i felt like it was *my* bike from the moment i hiked my leg over the top tube.

there are plenty of bikes i can ride successfully. and, QR isn't a partner of ours. so, it's not a money thing. just, it's a great bike, easy to fit for most people (if you buy the right size! which is something you need to pay attention to with this bike), easy to ride. very good values with these bikes, throughout the PR series. i don't fault anyone who buys a trek, a canyon, a felt, a cervelo, but anyone who "hates" the PRseries fundamentally misunderstands tri bikes.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear it felt like *your* bike since it’s made by *your* company. :-)

I got one six weeks ago to replace my 2009 Litespeed Saber. I really like it.
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got mine yr ago, once had 2002 litespeed saber (650s) but felt better on 700s for IM distance.
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
are you "slammed" up front?

Looking at the picture, I was thinking there is no margin to go down. And position not very aggressive. Frame too big ?

On the other hand, could use more reach.

Nice bike, nice color.
Last edited by: Pyrenean Wolf: Nov 28, 18 9:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it me, or someone drafting ?
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imsparticus wrote:

i know you jest, but, here's the thing about one's company. when you sell it, you hand the front door keys over. one must reconcile oneself to that. honestly, within, oh, a week of leaving, it became just another brand. don't get me wrong, the current owner - a good friend of mine - has done great with that brand. i'm gratified by that. however, that bike now made is a bike entirely conceived of and built by the current folks. they've done a great job.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
...anyone who "hates" the PRseries fundamentally misunderstands tri bikes.

I was (kinda still am, I suppose) considering a PR and read many, many comments implying there is a "hate" - but what's really happening is people are acknowledging that several bikes are faster and the integrated stem of the PRsix can cause fit issues for some (like the OP here, it would seem). If I got a PR it wouldn't be the six for that reason (fit) and that reason alone.
Last edited by: JASpencer: Nov 28, 18 9:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thoughts and prayers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
imsparticus wrote:

i know you jest, but, here's the thing about one's company. when you sell it, you hand the front door keys over. one must reconcile oneself to that. honestly, within, oh, a week of leaving, it became just another brand. don't get me wrong, the current owner - a good friend of mine - has done great with that brand. i'm gratified by that. however, that bike now made is a bike entirely conceived of and built by the current folks. they've done a great job.

I'd love the $$ to buy a "new" QR (although they seem rare over here in NZ) but until then I'll be rocking the ancient technology of my old 1998 QR. Dan, you were (and still are) the man! I seem to be collecting 650c relics - Redstone and recently a Canondale. Oh dear.
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [quintana who] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that the Ray browning qr superform?

And is that the dark blue cannondale with purple rims? When I lived in new Zealand I had a purple 650c cannondale with yellow letters (I'm 6'4 BTW so the wheels looked tiny) ... Loved it!
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't yet found a superform, but would like to get one as they're steel. Just got an aluminium Kilo Private Reserve (did my first IM back in 1998 on one) plus a Redstone (which has cracked) and a Cannondale something or other (in orange, with 650c wheels). Also like the old Scott Waimea and the NZ-made Allen Speedframe but maybe I have enough...

And at 6ft myself, I too look faintly ridiculous on "tiny wheels". At least that what my coach says...
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [quintana who] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a nice titanium Allen frame with carbon fork and spinergy wheels for sale inear rotorua few years back... Looked great, like a cafe racer

I like the kilo too..wondering what that would look like with modern carbon tech reminded me there was a choice white 650c carbon kestral...

Sometimes you can get good deals on 650c discs, sp8nergy, spengle trispokes, he'd cx wheels

Mainly only continental still carry a tyre and tube line
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
Thoughts and prayers.

Here's the hate..
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [morpheus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
morpheus wrote:
I love mine. Plenty of QR PRseries haters out there. But, my homework came up with a very fast bike, much lighter than many of the other 'superbikes', and easier to work with if you can handle most bike chores. Been on it for 1.5 years and I've found all of that to be true. Satisfies my need for a really good tri bike.

Congrats & enjoy!

Why do people hate PR6?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went from a Cervelo NP2 to a PRSix mid season this year and I love it.. Wouldn't go back.
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Animalmom2 wrote:
morpheus wrote:

Congrats & enjoy!

Why do people hate PR6?

Well, it wouldn’t be my first choice but it’s a well thought out bike.
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TBH, previous aesthetic direction of the brand (the "illicito" and the pink camo QR come to mind) cheapened the bike to me to the point I wouldn't have considered it. Just not my style. The oversized chainstays are still odd (i'm sure they serve a purpose), but the bike looks solid, and I like their current paint offerings.
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
I was (kinda still am, I suppose) considering a PR and read many, many comments implying there is a "hate" - but what's really happening is people are acknowledging that several bikes are faster and the integrated stem of the PRsix can cause fit issues for some (like the OP here, it would seem). If I got a PR it wouldn't be the six for that reason (fit) and that reason alone.

Several bikes are faster? Which ones (besides the P5 and SC) and what is the evidence?

I've been looking at all the bikes lately with a critical eye. To me the QR PR3 and PR5 look better sorted aerodynamically and practically (simple) than pretty much anything else. I'm not totally down with the "boat tail tubing" but that and Kamm are the current style, and it's probably ok. The head tube could be deeper. That's it. Narrow bottom bracket (can even get an adapter for 68mm BSA), nice integrated fork with narrow blades (even on the PR3). Put an Omega on the front of a PR3 and a good cockpit, and I don't think you'd be giving up anything to anyone.
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Precisely. The entire theme of the bike is simplicity. They admit that aerodynamically they aren't the leader, but they're in the ballpark.

As you said, an Omega and a swapped basebar for something without upturned ends and you've got a ton of bike at better-than-most prices.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd agree with that.
Quote Reply

Prev Next