Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I propose jail time
Quote | Reply
for all the morons running next to the riders...
one day, someone will lose a tour because of those idiots...
Quote Reply
Re: I propose jail time [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the tour will end, but then so would the people running in Texas Bikinis.

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Re: I propose jail time [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alot of those folks are idiots. Did you see the guy on the motorcycle give the forearm to one knucklehead who wouldn't get out of the way? All it takes is one fool to ruin it for everyone else and it will happen eventually.
Quote Reply
Re: I propose jail time [alb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I loved the guy today whose pants were falling down. Bet he was from Texas. Don't know why, just a hunch.

Too bad his pants didn't fall all the way, trip him and get run over by the motorbike.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's silly. Fans have been doing this for a long time. They have nearly cost stage wins before. Its part of the game. Its not like they are only running after one guy and harrassing him.
Quote Reply
Re: I propose jail time [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, people have been hitting bikes with cars for a long time too...
is it part of the game?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Touche, Francois! ;>

But I still think jailing or barricading the fans in that instance would detract from the charm of the race.
Quote Reply
Re: I propose jail time [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, it would be a loss. but these guys are living out of this sport.
ask Guerini what he thinks about barricades (he was the one that hit a fan in the alpe d'huez in 2001).

I would love to see all the climbs with no barricades...but until everyone is responsible, that's a risk.

as for the jail time, it's of course a joke, just a point to say, some are just plain stupid...

btw, didn't someone cross the track during a F1 grand prix race a few years back????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes,

At the German Gracd prix I beleieve at the Nurburgring, , No less then a upset Mercedes Benz employee, jumped a fence and ran across the track , in front of one of the Mercedes McClarens. I think causing the Safety car to come out and nullifying a lead that the Mercedes dirver had..If I remember right. Grand Prix track organizers get fined big time for lack of crowd control by the FIA.

You cant control everyone, there is always that one guy who goes to an extreme to prove a point.

Im just glad there hasn't been any "political" actions by some extreme group against any riders. Not counting the road blocks by the pro organinc farming group.
Quote Reply
Cheers! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, here's to chemical engineering!
Quote Reply
Re: I propose jail time [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Yankee... I think he was "mooning"...

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Re: I propose jail time [alb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that. It was a classic dope-slap, complete with the dope turning around with a look that said, "What was that for?!?"

What really surprises me is that someone hasn't sabotaged a rider they don't like by running in front of them, or tackling them, or something. What better way to give your hero the advantage than to 'clothesline' his main opponent? (Think Tonya Harding, but without the brilliant conspiracy.)

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois:

Will you be stopping the running of the bulls? How about those crazy people (I was one) who drag race their motorcycles at speeds in excess of 200 mph and endanger the crowds that push right up to the track? These situations are in place to reduce the incidence of stupidity in the general population. We are simply helping to evolve the species. :), j/k

Anyway, I love those people at Le Tour. But, if you think they are bad, then you've never been to a Browns/Steelers football game. The boys in dog pound do get rowdy. :),

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A guy ran on the track today at the British Grand Prix. Seems dumber than running in front of a bike to me.
Quote Reply