Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I never doped... [tomkat4573] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what's your point? He got caught did he not? Looks like their system works. I would rather see him get caught than see him win seven Olympics dirty.
Quote Reply
Re: I never doped... [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! I would be more than honored to talk with them. Please let me know if you can help set something up.
Quote Reply
Re: I never doped... [saulraisin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed her, cc you. Please follow up with her in a week if you don't hear back.

Quote | Reply
His suspension was backdated so that although he lost his 2011 titles, he was still able to compete in London and most of 2012 ...in other words, the suspension was meaningless..My point is that even though the system may have caught the rider, it seems as if the French Cycling Federation (& UCI) were complicit with the situation, and gave Bauge more of a symbolic penalty, than an actual penalty. http://www.trackcyclingnews.com/baugebanned.html

In my opinion, penalties for doping violations need to be severe, otherwise they will not deter cheating.

http://www.TomMoschettoFitness.com
Cycling Coach/Trainer/Motorpacing/Computrainer Rental
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will do, let me know if you ever want a motivational speaker for the Gran Fondo New York.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw your email and now cannot find it. Could you please forward it to me again?

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How's recovery coming along Saul?

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Re: I never doped... [hillier99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a long hard road but I'm going to make it! I am newly engaged to the love of my life, nothing could be better! Nothing but blue skies ahead!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. I've been following your story. It's great to hear that things are going well. My little brother is recovering from a stroke (at 40 yrs old). A brain injury is a crazy thing to deal with.

Congrats on your engagement. Now you've got real trouble!!! ;)

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
saulraisin wrote:
It is a long hard road but I'm going to make it! I am newly engaged to the love of my life, nothing could be better! Nothing but blue skies ahead!

Glad to hear! Not to long ago I was fortunate enough to hear you speak at an event.....Awesome!!

http://www.TomMoschettoFitness.com
Cycling Coach/Trainer/Motorpacing/Computrainer Rental
Quote Reply
Re: I never doped... [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't either. Then again, my results don't exactly raise anyone's suspicions

You might think that's the case, but all this talk of PED's and the stark reality that getting to even a modest level of success in an endurance sport takes a lot of work and years and years of time(assuming clean). I've even had sly remarks made of me, as to how I can, at 50+ years just jump into any 100k group ride and hang in there. Reason: years and years of hard work and a base-line aerobic capacity from that, allows me to do that sort of thing. But many super keen, new-comers are incredulous, it seems. They are frustrated that they can't do these things after a year or two.

Now the irony, is that, I am guessing that there are guys that I ride with, and race with might very well be on something. I can't say for sure, but all this talk and all this exposure of PED use has made everyone suspicious of everyone else!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: I never doped... [Trexlera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doping derives from the old generation of cyclist and directors that think it is the only way.
Doping is really an "old mentality".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Old mentality..."

I certainly hope so.

Saul, thanks for jumping into the shark tank. Loud and proud defuses the omertà.

Watched a high school freshman put out a steady 6+ watts/kg during a CompuTrainer TT today. Astounded at his physical giftedness, but saddened that in the current news cycle, people will wonder. One onlooker even commented that whose were "Lance numbers".

Keep sounding the clean call, so we can celebrate natural talent, and eventually, do so without having that talent questioned.

Congrats on the engagement!
Quote Reply

Prev Next