Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I need your advice for last 3 weeks before Embrunman
Quote | Reply
Hey all,

I have been struggling to reorganise my training after some sickness.

I have been training for a HIM and the EMbrunman (Full) with only 5weeks between. I did a lot of volume (avg week of 22h with big weeks at 28h) until June before going more specific for my HIM 4th July.

Planned to have some days off and then go long again 2 weeks before reducing slowly.

But after the 3 days cool I got sick and was not able to do anything except some small sessions with no good sensations.

Getting better now but still far from top I was supposed to have my last big day tomorrow but not sure that is still a great idea since I know I will be off my normal fitness.

How could I best reorganise my last 3 weeks before the big EMbrunman knowing that I do not seem to need a big taper?

Any help and suggestions are welcome. 😆
Last edited by: Xaam777: Jul 24, 21 9:39
Quote Reply
Re: I need your advice for last 3 weeks before Embrunman [Xaam777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know re. Re-organising... but what is absolutely essential is that you make sure you're fully recovered from whatever illness it was. Because that will make a 10 times the difference that any training benefits from the last few weeks if you don't properly recover from it. And if that means more rest, then rest.
Quote Reply
Re: I need your advice for last 3 weeks before Embrunman [Xaam777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing useful (objectively) to add other than wishing you great luck and great weather! Probably more rest and more swim-bike intensity is more important than volume at this time and highly dial back run volume and don't even think about run intensity. Maybe add 30-45 min daily walks for next 2 weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: I need your advice for last 3 weeks before Embrunman [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry i did not see your replies. Thanks and I’m that is exactly what I did these last days
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the exact same race plan as yours ;)
Raced Andorra 70.3 on July 4th and will be racing in Embrun on Aug. 15th.

Not sure if you have raced the Embrunman before, but the bike course really is relentless. You have the base training and some recent intensity work under your belt. If it was for me, I would really take it easy and make sure to be super rested before Embrunman. Not sure a lot of training would benefit you any way in the coming days.

See you out there

It doesn't get easier, you just get slower
https://mymsracesironman.home.blog/
Quote Reply
Re: I need your advice for last 3 weeks before Embrunman [Kampinou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks and will be fun to race this together.

I have never done EMbrunman so happy to try and I feel confortable (as much as we triathletes can:-)) that I have done the base. I will finish these weeks with some race specifics and rest as much as possible.

Stressed but eager to get there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One thing that tripped me up was that you need ID to get into transition in the morning to start the race. I was already very stressed from the day before when I had to get from Lyon airport to embrun checkin in about 4 hours. Because the airline sent my bike a day and half late. So I had to go back up the hill to the village and get it. Never had to do that before race wrist band always did it. What cracked me up was after the race leave with bike ( I had to go back into transition with my bike to get my stuff) and no questions asked

Bike course is very hard. I was glad I did not make the cutoff (few km short) on the Col because I was scared of the decent on the other side seeing what I had coming up. But I am a timid descender

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply