Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I need a little help here
Quote | Reply
i've got a project on which i'm embarked, and i need help. first, and foremost, i'm hoping that those who MAKE bikes will give me a hand re their own bikes, but those who OWN bikes that are current for this year can be helpful as well.

here's what i'm looking for. i'm building a database for some charts, and they reflect new nomenclature for bike sizing. everything is based on "stack" and "reach". what i need to know is, for CURRENT MODEL tri bikes, for every size of the model, what is the stack and reach?

these terms are defined (by me) as follows: pick two points in space, the center of the BB, and the TOP of the head tube, midpoint between its fore and aft edges. the REACH of the frame would be the HORIZONTAL distance between vertical lines drawn through these points. the frame's STACK would be the vertical distance between horizontal lines drawn between these two points.

please don't help unless you can ACCURATELY and PRECISELY measure these dimensions.

secondly, i'm building another chart, which is the STACK and REACH of stem configurations. in every size from 6cm to 14cm, in one cm increments, i want to know PRECISELY the stack and reach of each size stem in +6 degrees, -6 degrees, and -17 degrees. i need the stack and reach from the bottom-most part of the stem, halfway between its fore and aft edges, to the center of the stem's hole through which the base bar passes.

any help will be appreciated. email me directly: slowman@slowtwitch.com

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply