Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I like the power crank soap opera..
Quote | Reply
I like the power crank soap opera, but have you kids ever heard of a fixed gear. I know it is old school , but a fixie does the same thing that the PC's do. All we are talking about here is working on form and pedaling circles.

If ratcheting cranks were the answer to all the speed and power problems , then all racing bikes would be equipped with them. Cranks are made to work more efficiently depending on each other.

I am a roadie scum. These power cranks have been around for a few years now. Most of the better racers are on fixed gears for a period in the off season to smooth out their pedal stroke. Then they hit them occasionally throughout the season to refresh the muscle response. there is a dirty 4 letter word that tells what it takes to get a great pedal stroke...."time".

The fixie will work strength and spin, which will equate to power. Plus, they are just plain cool to ride. Do 3 to 4 hours on a fixed gear, you will get the picture.

Seeya
Stoots
Quote Reply
Re: I like the power crank soap opera.. [stoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will leave this response to others. Another post from someone who has never ridden a pair.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: I like the power crank soap opera.. [stoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Short answer here: I've used both, Power Cranks are much better for a long list of reasons. And no, I don't sell them (yet).

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: I like the power crank soap opera.. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i too, am roadie scum and have been since the 70's. i have done ankling, toes down, fix riding, stayed in the little ring all spring, worked on supplese, etc etc since that time. which is nice, because when i got on a set of OC's and actually triied them i was able to immediately identify that none of those things came remotely closer to doing what PC's do. ironically as our poster notes everybody who does them thinks they do, as i did. even more ironic is the fact that PC's are a simple and foolproof way to do what roadie scum have thought they were doing and have aspired to do for 100 years - and doing it works. only one glitch. . . .PC's give it to you and nothing else comes close. btw, fixed riding, if anything, makes your positive pressure lazier, as the wheel drives your leg - all you really do fixer riding is develpoe the ability to relax the recovering leg, which is better than weighting it, but noplace near driving it.
Quote Reply