Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually just put my wetsuit on behind my car door next to the woods so I have some privacy.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guernsey is a small holiday Island, closer to France than England. In world war 2 it was occupied by German forces who built defensive concrete bunkers housing machine guns, all around the coast. They are revered monuments now, grim reminders of the folly of war.

But one is grimmer than all the others.

I did the Guernsey marathon. High summer. Midday Sun. Coast road. Tourists everywhere. Happy families, kids, ice-creams.

I ate shellfish the night before, but all was going well until about mile 18. That was when the warning tremors started. I looked in vain for a toilet. My run slowed to a buttock-clenched limp. Then BOOM - a sudden Hiroshima of the large bowel, I could resist no longer. I had to make a split-second choice. There was a bunker just to my left. There was nowhere else to go. I dived through the 3 x 1 foot aperture into the airless, cool, dark concrete chamber- the architectural embodiment of man's inhumanity to man- and let rip.

BOOM. Had the Germans discovered the power of my S-bomb in 1945, World War 2 might have had a different outcome.

Moules mariner like they never served at La Belle Paris, splattered on the walls, the floor, even the concrete ceiling. The relief was incredible. As I wiped my undercarriage with some dried kelp, I stared whistling the Dambusters Theme.

And as my eyes acclimatised to the musky darkness, I became aware that I was not alone in the bunker.

I have never been back to Guernsey.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [eatmydirt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10/10
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [maliki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I almost fell out of my chair at work and had to fight serious out loud laughter a few times... good read as I was wrapping up my day at the office.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
I've never actually shat myself running, but have had a whole heap of almosts. Especially when running in urban areas where there aren't trails that I can just duck to the side of.

I once just straight up knocked on somebody's front door and asked as politely as I could if I could use their toilet.
It was a bit of a lottery, as I had no idea who was going to answer or what their house was going to be like inside.

Luckily I got away with some very funny looks (they let me poop in their house).

I find this far stranger than shitting outside or in one's pants. Am I missing something or do I just hang out with too many trail runners? Isn't squatting behind a bush, like, a thing?
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [Virginia Plain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Order of preference:
1) shit outside (aka squat behind a bush etc)
2) play the door knocking game
3) shit pants

If you're in some of the built up areas near where I lived when that story took place, there aren't any decent bushes to just go behind. You'd be running a huge risk of being spotted by families or something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sometimes You Have To Shit In A Dunkin' Donuts

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maliki wrote:
I usually just put my wetsuit on behind my car door next to the woods so I have some privacy.

But do you now wear a Speedo or jammer or bike shorts under your wettie???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [afrizzledfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This story is not as dramatic as others, but it’s still pretty good…

100th running of the Boston marathon. There are more entrants than usual. We’re all on school buses riding out to the start line at Hopkinton and there is a delay – it’s taking a long time to unload all of the buses. So we’re in this long line of buses, stop and go traffic, in a wooded area, hydrating before the race, and everyone really needs to pee. Finally, one guy gets off the bus and pees in the woods, then a few others; soon all the guys have peed in the woods. And it’s spring with no leaves on the trees so there is no privacy; everyone in the buses can see others peeing in the woods. Then there was one brave woman who got off the bus to pee, then a few others; soon all the women were peeing in the woods.

Quite a sight to see busloads (hundreds) of runners peeing in the woods.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [equanimity511] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was on a competitive mixed team doing the Hood to Coast relay race in 1997. One of my legs was about a 10k in the early morning about 3am or so. Well that kind of messes up my body clock and I really had to go, but I didn't want to stop due to the team race...and besides it was so dark I didn't know where I could stop anyway. Well, it happened and it just came out with about a mile to go.

Fortunately we have time to get to the next runner and I jumped in a porta potty and changed my clothes. Unfortunately the baby wipes didn't do a very good job of hiding the smell...at least to me. I always wondered what the other 6 people in the van thought as I didn't tell them what happened. It wasn't till we got near a gas station that I was able to do a thorough clean up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am printing this and next time I am at a party of close friends, I am going to read this word for word.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liquid diet for the day before a key race? Seems to be this guys answer...

http://www.samiinkinen.com/...205/sami-liquid-diet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
Order of preference:
3) shit pants
I should have known better than to check on this thread during a work meeting.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, I used to but im already really claustrophobic in the wetsuit as it is and I figured losing control of my bowels into the suit was a one off....So I still go commando.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [afrizzledfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was on a trail run with my good friend who is from the East Coast (we were running in the SF Bay Area).

He pulled off to do an emergency crap. And then used some leaves to wipe.
Apparently he then must have wept some sweat off his face as well.

The leaves were poison oak.

Yep, he had to be hospitalized. Can you imagine?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maliki wrote:
No, I used to but im already really claustrophobic in the wetsuit as it is and I figured losing control of my bowels into the suit was a one off....So I still go commando.

But in a race, would you not wear your kit under the wettie??? Seems like it would apropos to "train as you race"???

Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Midtown Miles wrote:
Liaman wrote:
Order of preference:
3) shit pants

Well, 3) is gonna happen at some point (because things happen suddenly sometimes).

But, 2)???????

I can’t see how this could ever be better than 1) or 3).

Safety?
Do gun nuts and dogs react positively to a strangers request to shit in their house!!

Legality?
Has no-one ever got arrested or harassed by police for asking to shit in a strangers house?

Politeness?
Is asking to take a shit in a strangers house, more polite than doing a ninja shit (that will get blamed on a neighbors dog)?

Embarrassment?
Is it less embarrassing, to ask a stranger to take a shit in their house, than doing a ninja shit and running off?

Convenience?
Not even worth discussing!

I concede that some urban (and suburban) areas don’t offer good cover.
But these seem to be precisely the places, where people are least likely to be sympathetic to a request to shit in their house.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
Midtown Miles wrote:
Liaman wrote:
Order of preference:
3) shit pants

Well, 3) is gonna happen at some point (because things happen suddenly sometimes).

But, 2)???????

Safety?
Do gun nuts and dogs react positively to a strangers request to shit in their house!!

Legality?
Has no-one ever got arrested or harassed by police for asking to shit in a strangers house?

Politeness?
Is asking to take a shit in a strangers house, more polite than doing a ninja shit (that will get blamed on a neighbors dog)?

Embarrassment?
Is it less embarrassing, to ask a stranger to take a shit in their house, than doing a ninja shit and running off?

Convenience?

But these seem to be precisely the places, where people are least likely to be sympathetic to a request to shit in their house.

+1000, it has never even occurred to me to go up to someone's door and ask to use the BR. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best thing I've ever read! Thanks. I have tears in my eyes.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It takes the edge off shitting yourself. If and when it happens. Blessed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
Midtown Miles wrote:
Liaman wrote:
Order of preference:
3) shit pants

But, 2)???????

Safety?

Legality?

Politeness?

Embarrassment?

Convenience?

+1000, it has never even occurred to me to go up to someone's door and ask to use the BR. :)

On top of that, I would be likely bursting by that point and the wait (answer the door, introduction, request, decision) would prove fatal.

My race site: https://racesandplaces.wixsite.com/racesandplaces
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
twain wrote:
Was on a trail run with my good friend who is from the East Coast (we were running in the SF Bay Area).

As they told us when I was in Boy Scouts many decades ago: "Leaves of 3, don't wipe with me"

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Warbird wrote:
twain wrote:

As they told us when I was in Boy Scouts many decades ago: "Leaves of 3, don't wipe with me"

Unfortunately, he wasn't a Boy Scout!
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nobody is going to shoot you or have you arrested for asking to use a bathroom. I can't imagine any circumstance where asking to use a toilet would be worse than shitting yourself and having to run home like that. I'd much rather be impolite, and isn't it far more embarrassing to be seen with shit leaking out of your shorts as you waddle home?
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It occurs to me that I'd be more likely to find myself in an "Emergency Exit" situation in Barnes & Noble than on a run/ride

https://en.wikipedia.org/...riko_Aoki_phenomenon

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next