Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I hate Bee's....... now what?
Quote | Reply
So Thursday afternoon I am out on a nice 40 mile ride (10 miles in) when suddenly I feel something hit my shoulder. I didn't think anything of it as "stuff" hits you from time to time. 5 seconds later I feel the laser beam stinger right in the middle of my thigh. Looking down I see the little bastard bee had hit my shoulder and landed on my leg. Now while trying to negotiate my slight downhill ride at about 30mph I attempt to brush him off. The bee is now gone but the stinger is still in and I am still doing 30. So now I reach down and pull the stinger out, all is better and I didn't crash. In the past I have had some mild reactions to bee's so I am watching my heart rate and breathing. All seems good after 5 minutes so I continue my ride. My leg did hurt a good bit but it seemed OK. When I got home I put some benadryl gel on it. Everything was fine Friday and then Saturday hits and the bee sting area is about the size of a silver dollar and sort of hard. I took some benadryl tablets at this point and it seemed to help out. Late Saturday and into today I now have knee pain on the inside of the one knee, it's crazy that a little bee can do this! Any suggestions on working out or anything else that might help run this thing through my body. Should I hit the bike or run......or nothing? Any home remedy suggestions? I have to believe that this should flush itself soon.
Quote Reply