Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I don’t care how much they cost...need sweatproof headphone recs
Quote | Reply
Every summer I do this song and dance with dying earbuds. Powerbeats this time. What wireless headphones are actually sweat proof? Jaybird?
Quote Reply
Re: I don’t care how much they cost...need sweatproof headphone recs [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What type of activity would you be doing?
Quote Reply
Re: I don’t care how much they cost...need sweatproof headphone recs [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aftershockz. Bone conducting in general. It's not in the ear so slipping out and being designed basically for exercise.....they work.

Sound quality is not quite there with in-ear and over-ear, but I'll take the hit so that I'm not constantly replacing headphones. Also, nice to hear other stuff out on a run while I have my tunes.

I run with them turned on a bit low and can pretty much hear all that's around me.
Quote Reply
Re: I don’t care how much they cost...need sweatproof headphone recs [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
What type of activity would you be doing?

Sorry should have clarified. Cycling, running and lifting. No swimming. But in Arkansas it’s all kinda the same in summer 🥵
Quote Reply
Re: I don’t care how much they cost...need sweatproof headphone recs [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve tried a lot of options. Nothing that goes in the ear survives sweat for more than 3-4 months.

I had to adjust requirements a bit. On-ear headphones don’t die from sweat. If you are able to tolerate them and don’t mind wires - there are very good options from Koss. I’ve switched to KPH7 ($6 on Amazon)

The cables still die in a year or so, but it’s much less annoying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 to the Aftershockz. Waterproof and they sit just outside the ears, which is a lot more comfortable than having a sweaty earbud in your ear. And you can hear ambient noise a lot better. I don’t even notice I’m wearing them. Their only downside is the sound quality isn’t as good as an in-ear headphone, but the compromise is well worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.amazon.com/...le?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have these Vava moov 28 ones. Bought December 2017 and still trucking. And I sweat like a beast. Kept my ipod shuffle because I figured these would die pretty quick, but they're little champs.

Actually, for $16 I think I'll buy another pair right now to stash away haha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you using the wireless Powerbeats Pro or the wired Powerbeats? I live in Central Texas and the Pros are just awesome for running and cycling. I’ve had them about a year and they take all the sweat, rain, heat - anything I can throw at them. The fidelity of the sound is excellent, Bluetooth pairing is great and they feel great in the ear.

The standard Apple earphones and buds don’t stay in my ear well. The Pro uses a nice silicone piece for great hold and fit.

They are on the very high end of price - running about $250 per pair.

It is the mind itself which builds the body.
-Joseph Pilates
Quote Reply
Re: I don’t care how much they cost...need sweatproof headphone recs [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for Aftershox

If you want to go with wires, the cheap waterproof earbuds from Amazon/eBay work great (I've swam with them repeatedly). As mentioned, eventually there's enough tugging that the wires break (about once a year IME).

https://www.amazon.com/...ective/dp/B07PNCFWJM

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: I don’t care how much they cost...need sweatproof headphone recs [DougEFresh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DougEFresh wrote:
Are you using the wireless Powerbeats Pro or the wired Powerbeats? I live in Central Texas and the Pros are just awesome for running and cycling. I’ve had them about a year and they take all the sweat, rain, heat - anything I can throw at them. The fidelity of the sound is excellent, Bluetooth pairing is great and they feel great in the ear.

The standard Apple earphones and buds don’t stay in my ear well. The Pro uses a nice silicone piece for great hold and fit.

They are on the very high end of price - running about $250 per pair.

I’ve got the Powerbeats that are wired together. My issue is I hate poor sound quality so I may look at the ones you’ve mentioned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another Aftershokz rec.

I have the Xtrainerz since I don't run with a phone or need the Bluetooth.

Wife has the Bluetooth.

Easy to use and they just work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my bose soundsport have held up pretty well over the past couple of years, and that's summer running in Houston humidity type punishment

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a cheap seat of Tayogo swimming bone conduction headsets. They are a game changer. I've downloaded over 600 songs on mine and still adding more. It's also got an FM radio. I bought it for swimming (its even louder under water!), but now wear it in the gym, and for running and cycling, with absolutely no worries about rain or sweat. I bought the cheapos simply to see what the bone conduction stuff was all about. Now I'm sold on it. When the ones I have now crap out, I'll probably get a set of Aftershockz, even though they cost twice as much, I keep hearing good things about them. I'll never go back to buds or wires... I was trashing those out in 2-3 months. The players rarely lasted to 6 months. The Tayogo's are 7 months old now, and that's like a possible record for me.

Athlinks / Strava
Last edited by: Dean T: Jul 11, 20 14:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote here for the Powerbeats Pro wireless headphones. Mine are over a year old and wear them almost daily while running or riding. Live in North Texas so they see their fair share of sweat and sometimes rain. Have tried many many others from cheap to Bose, Aftershocks etc and nothing compares for me. It’s all very subjective and would suggest buying from Best Buy and their 2 week trial period. If they don’t work for you just return and try another pair. All my best in your search.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
Every summer I do this song and dance with dying earbuds. Powerbeats this time. What wireless headphones are actually sweat proof? Jaybird?

I've had good luck with the plantronics backbeat fit model headphones. They're behind the ear headphones, not earbuds. Good sound, good sweat resistance and not sealed so you have some awareness of your surroundings.

I've also tried the Trekz titanium and xtrainerz. Both work well. I use the xtrainerz for swimming. The only pain in the butt is that the xtrainerz require actually downloading mp3s as opposed to being able to sync with spotify.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have killed almost every Bluetooth headphone except for Jabra Elite Active in ear headphones. I have both the 65 and 75. You can shower with them.
Quote Reply
Re: I don’t care how much they cost...need sweatproof headphone recs [Hawkeye4Life] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apple AirPods Pro are waterproof and seem unaffected by sweat and rain but are not cheap. You get what you pay for with these.
Quote Reply
Re: I don’t care how much they cost...need sweatproof headphone recs [Joelbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joelbob wrote:
Apple AirPods Pro are waterproof and seem unaffected by sweat and rain but are not cheap. You get what you pay for with these.
but wont stay in your ears when you get sweaty, and when they pop out while you're running or cycling thats a $125 loss when you cant find it.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gave up on Bluetooth they all went bad went back to the cord. I use underwater I pod for swimming and running and my iPhone for biking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for AfterShockz for the exact issue you are having. I now have one pair for running and one for the bike. Also, had an issue with one set and the return process was easy online, sent them in and had a new pair at my house in less than two weeks. My only complaint is winter running, haven't found a good hat that fits with them on the below freezing days. But probably not as much of an issue for you.
Quote Reply
Re: I don’t care how much they cost...need sweatproof headphone recs [wjoiner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wjoiner wrote:
Another vote for AfterShockz for the exact issue you are having. I now have one pair for running and one for the bike. Also, had an issue with one set and the return process was easy online, sent them in and had a new pair at my house in less than two weeks. My only complaint is winter running, haven't found a good hat that fits with them on the below freezing days. But probably not as much of an issue for you.
put them on over the stocking cap, works great!

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had the jabra 75t active for 6 months, no issues, and I get pretty sweaty and use them daily. I killed a pair of Apple buds, and I hated how the helmet straps catch on the extensions. These are shaped well, and the controls are easy. Main downsides are you can only use the right independently, and the default setting boost bass too much, but the sound profile can be changed in app.
Quote Reply
Re: I don’t care how much they cost...need sweatproof headphone recs [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question for you aftershockz owners and users - how to they do on a treadmill? I'm afraid the extra noise will be a dealbreaker. I'm not looking for super quality sound, I'm used to cheapo earbuds (that I kill regularly) but I'd mainly be using them on a TM and a Vasa erg both of which aren't super loud but do make noise. The form factor of the Aftershockz appeals to me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've killed several headphones that were advertised as sweat-proof, including the PowerBeats Pro and several Bose products. What's worked for me are the Plantronics Backbeat Fit.
Last edited by: sathomasga: Jul 12, 20 4:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have had these headphones for 3+ years, from 2x week to 5x week exercise in Texas. $20

https://www.amazon.com/...elling/dp/B07M5YRTDP
Quote Reply

Prev Next