Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I Rode My Super-Low TT Bike Outside for the First Time in 6 Months. I'm Old & Inflexible. I Exploded & Died (A First Person Account)
Quote | Reply
On the bright side, there's wifi at the Pearly Gates, so I won't be bored while I wait for my COVID-19 test to come back. St. Peter says it's an 8hr process, so I have some time to kill. Get it? If my test comes back negative, I'll get to pass through the gates and head to the "Didn't Work on His Stretching Wing" of the Cycling Annex. If positive, I'll have to do a two-week quarantine outside... they're really strict about out-of-state travel here. By the way, St. Peter also says COVID-19 is NOT a sign from God... He's just as baffled as we are!

It sucks dying. Sure, family will be sad and kids will be traumatized and miss me and blah blah blah but the REAL kicker is all that wasted training! Like, all that training for NOTHING. I was getting pretty fit during this Coronavirus lockdown thing and was REALLY looking forward to showing everyone how fast I got. Medal Monday!!! I keep thinking of all that time I wasted doing something I don't even really like and could barely get motivated to do. I could have been wasting that time and ignoring my family doing something I actually *liked*, like watch a sports team.

Another thing that sucks about dying is the selfies. Like, I had a TON of good photos of myself from the ride today, but since I exploded and died I didn't get a chance to upload them. I'm sure they would have gotten TONS of likes and clicks on my socials. Trust me, there's a perfectly good explanation for why I took my cycling top off and was flexing my abs on my ride, that's for sure. I was really looking forward to using some filters and bumping my story to the top.

Oh wow, Jesus just came by, all in a huff. Everyone up here is SUPER bummed about Kona moving to February, but Jesus is indignant. Something about dying for people's sins and they can't even be bothered to train thru the winter for a race in tropical paradise or some such. St. Peter says he's always ranting about something.

OK, gotta go! They're going to call my number soon and St. Peter is trying to show me a picture of my TT position on his iPad with a bunch of lines and angles on it to illustrate where I went wrong. Heavenly technology is amazing!

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: I Rode My Super-Low TT Bike Outside for the First Time in 6 Months. I'm Old & Inflexible. I Exploded & Died (A First Person Account) [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cross the gates

“EricMPro, YOU are an Immortalman!”
Quote Reply
Re: I Rode My Super-Low TT Bike Outside for the First Time in 6 Months. I'm Old & Inflexible. I Exploded & Died (A First Person Account) [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
OK, gotta go! They're going to call my number soon and St. Peter is trying to show me a picture of my TT position on his iPad with a bunch of lines and angles on it to illustrate where I went wrong. Heavenly technology is amazing!

He's going to show you that your seat is too high, and that's why he's sending you to hell.
Quote Reply
Re: I Rode My Super-Low TT Bike Outside for the First Time in 6 Months. I'm Old & Inflexible. I Exploded & Died (A First Person Account) [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:

He's going to show you that your bike is too large, and that's why he's sending you to hell.
fixed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don’t go to the lights man.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
I Exploded & Died

Is the bike ok?

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: I Rode My Super-Low TT Bike Outside for the First Time in 6 Months. I'm Old & Inflexible. I Exploded & Died (A First Person Account) [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This, plus how much did you tell wife you paid for it? We might grab a bargain here ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: I Rode My Super-Low TT Bike Outside for the First Time in 6 Months. I'm Old & Inflexible. I Exploded & Died (A First Person Account) [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

He's going to show you that your seat is too high, and that's why he's sending you to hell.

That would be cool... all the best discos are down there and they're screening the new Lance documentary.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: I Rode My Super-Low TT Bike Outside for the First Time in 6 Months. I'm Old & Inflexible. I Exploded & Died (A First Person Account) [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this the same reason why the stock market is still so high?

Quote Reply
Re: I Rode My Super-Low TT Bike Outside for the First Time in 6 Months. I'm Old & Inflexible. I Exploded & Died (A First Person Account) [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
I Exploded & Died

Is the bike ok?

Tri bikes always survive. Since athletes always work for the bike and not other way around, they've got a lot of capital built up for a rainy day.

Quote Reply
Re: I Rode My Super-Low TT Bike Outside for the First Time in 6 Months. I'm Old & Inflexible. I Exploded & Died (A First Person Account) [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

He's going to show you that your bike is too large, and that's why he's sending you to hell.
fixed

If my bike was too large, I wouldn't have gotten too low, and exploded. Must have been the seat.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Epic!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
On the bright side, there's wifi at the Pearly Gates, so I won't be bored while I wait for my COVID-19 test to come back. St. Peter says it's an 8hr process, so I have some time to kill. Get it? If my test comes back negative, I'll get to pass through the gates and head to the "Didn't Work on His Stretching Wing" of the Cycling Annex. If positive, I'll have to do a two-week quarantine outside... they're really strict about out-of-state travel here. By the way, St. Peter also says COVID-19 is NOT a sign from God... He's just as baffled as we are!

It sucks dying. Sure, family will be sad and kids will be traumatized and miss me and blah blah blah but the REAL kicker is all that wasted training! Like, all that training for NOTHING. I was getting pretty fit during this Coronavirus lockdown thing and was REALLY looking forward to showing everyone how fast I got. Medal Monday!!! I keep thinking of all that time I wasted doing something I don't even really like and could barely get motivated to do. I could have been wasting that time and ignoring my family doing something I actually *liked*, like watch a sports team.

Another thing that sucks about dying is the selfies. Like, I had a TON of good photos of myself from the ride today, but since I exploded and died I didn't get a chance to upload them. I'm sure they would have gotten TONS of likes and clicks on my socials. Trust me, there's a perfectly good explanation for why I took my cycling top off and was flexing my abs on my ride, that's for sure. I was really looking forward to using some filters and bumping my story to the top.

Oh wow, Jesus just came by, all in a huff. Everyone up here is SUPER bummed about Kona moving to February, but Jesus is indignant. Something about dying for people's sins and they can't even be bothered to train thru the winter for a race in tropical paradise or some such. St. Peter says he's always ranting about something.

E

Derek Powers time trial near Dairyland? Regrets trying out one of the quarantine TT’s out there?

You’ll be fine.

Too far for me right now, I made a short out and back on Reedy/Trenton in Raleigh and been doing that. I need to make a new one for early weekends down Duraleigh, R on Eb Ch out and back, R on Duraleigh then R onto bike lane on Creedmoor, R on Reedy out and back. That would be a rolly 15mi ride.

I picked up a couple crowns along the way today on my “pauper power” TT setup. Lol. 26mph with 60ft per mile elevation on only about 270w. I can’t hammer down Reedy on that downhill corner, just coasting and gritting teeth a squirrel doesn’t make a suicidal dive.

I do want to try one out there, I need to use up a “honey please” and break out the “Sunday best TT kit”.

I saw that one guy laid down 31mph and 440w the other day on the DPTT course. Like, whoa. Unreal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
and they're screening the new Lance documentary.

OK THAT made me laugh - chapeau!

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recommend a proper bike fitting, Hear it's worth the money;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, it's not time to take my TT bike out on the roads? Just keep rolling with the Roadie?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: I Rode My Super-Low TT Bike Outside for the First Time in 6 Months. I'm Old & Inflexible. I Exploded & Died (A First Person Account) [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
So, it's not time to take my TT bike out on the roads? Just keep rolling with the Roadie?

I guess it depends on your goals... like BikeSnobNYC said: "Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

Quote Reply
Re: I Rode My Super-Low TT Bike Outside for the First Time in 6 Months. I'm Old & Inflexible. I Exploded & Died (A First Person Account) [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep DPTT Socially Distanced. I also do pauper power. I'm hamstrung though by the road helmet, shaggy Peter Sagan hair, 4th bottle and other crap in my jersey pockets, etc. It's enlightening to see it when you run it through BBS. No idea who the 440w guy is.

And as for the bike, of course I'll be fine! I'm at the Pearly Gates! St. Peter is critiquing my fit!!!

Quote Reply