Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I Hate My Running Socks
Quote | Reply
its time for new running socks and I picked up a couple of different kinds Feetures and Swiftwick. The Features are ok but not for the $$ the Swiftwick I don't like at all. They are hot and not uncomfortable but feel not different then a pair of Hanes tube socks.

What socks are your running in that you really like?
Quote Reply
Re: I Hate My Running Socks [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got some Balaga. Unsure if I like them yet.
Quote Reply
Re: I Hate My Running Socks [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a few pair of Nike socks I picked up from one of their factory outlets. I like them and have used them up to marathon distance with no blisters.

I also use offbrand RBX that I found at TJ Maxx. I love the socks but haven’t ran anything more than 10k so I can’t speak to blisters or comfort beyond that point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't wear socks running (races or in the spring/summer). In the winter - swiftwick cycling socks are great for running, I've found.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
drymax socks. since wearing these i have never gone back

https://vimeo.com/233058559
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can’t wear anything but Wrightsock Coolmesh Double layer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asics Quick Lyte. The lightest, most comfortable socks I've found. As a bonus they're super cheap and go on sale all the time. I usually find them for $10-12 for a 3-pack. I've tried all the expensive brands and I keep coming back to the Asics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a stand alone run, especially a long run, you can't beat INJINJI'S. (toe socks) Not for race day of course as they take some time to slip on. For Ultra Marathons, they will never let you down. They have differing weights and styles. keep those damn toe nails trimmed and they'll last forever too.
Quote Reply
Re: I Hate My Running Socks [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
Don't wear socks running (races or in the spring/summer). In the winter - swiftwick cycling socks are great for running, I've found.

I have run sickles for years up to a little over a 10k I just can't quite make a half without blisters. the blisters show up in the arch of my foot from the side of the shoe. I will have to look into trying some of the swiftwick cycling socks.
Quote Reply
Re: I Hate My Running Socks [777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
777 wrote:
For a stand alone run, especially a long run, you can't beat INJINJI'S. (toe socks) Not for race day of course as they take some time to slip on. For Ultra Marathons, they will never let you down. They have differing weights and styles. keep those damn toe nails trimmed and they'll last forever too.

I agree 100% I have a couple of pair that I run in on the regular. They were an absolute blessing to find when I started training for my first marathon. Like you said though, they are a great race day sock with how long they can take to get on. Maybe I just get a couple more of those and find a pair of something else for race day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could be the shoes. More and more are going to mesh. Even altras have all mesh uppers and are great sans socks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have really sweaty feet in the summer and I get blisters really easily. I've been wearing these under my normal thin or thick polyester socks. They've been keeping blisters completely at bay. I'm pretty happy with them. Walmart, $3 for 6 pairs. Worth a shot.

https://www.dropbox.com/...0531_181340.jpg?dl=0

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the 1000 Mile double layer running socks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Injinjis. They are by far the most comfortable socks I have ever run in. Make sure you have something else for race day though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X2 for Wrightsock Double Layer. The only sock i’ll run in.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: I Hate My Running Socks [TIT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Injinji's for standalone running!
Quote Reply
Re: I Hate My Running Socks [scb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X3 Wrightsock Double Layer.....nuff said.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't recommend Darn Tough socks enough. I get the 100% wool, they never smell, dry really fast and they have a life time warranty. I tend to rip tear socks around the picky toe area. Just send them back and they send you a new pair!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Balega ultralights. I've sworn by them for almost a decade.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: I Hate My Running Socks [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Injinji toe socks.

I don't use socks for Sprints and Olympics. For 70.3 and IM, since I won't be on the podium, I take the extra minute or so to put on the Injinji's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Swiftwick I don't like at all. They are hot and not uncomfortable but feel not different then a pair of Hanes tube socks.

Which Swiftwick socks are you wearing??? I'm in the Aspire. Definitely not hot for me (I'm running in Houston TX) and they are pretty thin, so I don't see how one can make the comparison to tube socks. They do make different types of socks, some thicker than others. The Aspire line is the thinnest I believe.

As far as the price, I've had one pair develop a hole over the last 3 years. I sent Swiftwick and email since the hole happened within the first 3 uses. They sent me another pair at no charge. Must have just been a defect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thin, cheap low cut black athletic socks from either Target or WalMart. If you have only been buying running socks and haven't used a generic sock yet, as silly as it sounds give it a try. I used Balaga for years, awesome socks and super padded. But I would blister in the toe box. Compression socks just don't feel good to me while running. Cheap athletic socks for me work perfect, basically a thin layer between foot and shoe. Put a little body glide on the inner toe box of the sock pre-race for long course.

Regards,
J. Smith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Balegas - I have a couple models and forget which ones but they're the bomb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been a huge fan of DeFeet . . . used in my last 17 or so IMs w/ no blisters at all.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: I Hate My Running Socks [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
I have been a huge fan of DeFeet . . . used in my last 17 or so IMs w/ no blisters at all.

Yes, DeFeet are my favourite also. I’m strictly a runner though, not a triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next