Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IT reviews
Quote | Reply
Did anyone happen to see the Inside Tri reviews? They clearly were not the best products out on the market. For wetsuits, where was the Piel, or the T1 (not the tres). I want to know what the best product is on the market. Clearly there were wetsuits in the $2-300 range ranked higher the $400+ wetsuits. Maybe the cheaper wetsuits are a better value, but not a better quality wetsuit if you drop the $. Now I am just ranting, but where are the Swedish Monterbarra goggles. They are $3, never leak, no drag, and just about every olympic swimmer wears them. Now, yes I have a strong swim background, some of the goggles ranked would be like putting a flag on the back of your bike.

Now, the worst of all. The "Tri Bikes." Now, how can the top tri bike not be a tri bike at all, IT might be able to help you out on that one. In fact, 4 bikes, rated in ITs top 28, are road geometry.

Finally for my last rant, why is the renn disk not ranked. I know it is thought of highly on this forum, but I would still like to see an additional review. I am sure it is at least a wheel worthy of a review, being it is affordable, and fast, a great combination since many of us can't afford a zipp. I just had to vent that top products were not mentioned. BTW, i would have mentioned the P2K, but i didn't want to sound biased.
Quote Reply
Re: IT reviews [P2kman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tough to trust reviews in any publication that accepts advertising and "favors". The first casualty is objectivity.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: IT reviews [P2kman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Now, the worst of all. The "Tri Bikes." Now, how can the top tri bike not be a tri bike at all, IT might be able to help you out on that one. In fact, 4 bikes, rated in ITs top 28, are road geometry."

I can't necessarily disagree with this, even though I don't read the magazine that often. A good number of triathletes prefer to race tris on road bikes, and that's not just including ITU events. Also some hilly twisty courses lend themselves better to a road geometry. Also many triathletes also have both tri and road bikes or maybe if they have just one bike it's usually a road bike that they try to make more suitable for tri events. Traditionally road bikes have been of a better quality construction than tri bikes, although the newer tri bikes have certainly closed the gap in many cases.

However, I would tend to seek info about road bike ratings from roadies and more likely ask tri-geeks for info regarding tri bikes.
Quote Reply