Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ITU TV: no same day streaming of events in the US?
Quote | Reply
This just popped into the email box with a reminder that my subscription would be renewing with ITU TV:

*Due to broadcast market restrictions, World Triathlon Series race live streams will not be available to US subscribers. On-demand race replays will be available 72 hours after the live broadcast has ended.

Frak!

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Re: ITU TV: no same day streaming of events in the US? [LazyEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet jesus, thank you for posting this. I was just gonna let the thing renew without any thought but I am certainly not renewing shit now.

Watching thread now in hopes someone can shed more light i.e. who owns those rights now. No broadcaster listed for US on the ITU website yet.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Last edited by: hadukla: Feb 27, 20 14:31
Quote Reply
Re: ITU TV: no same day streaming of events in the US? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In years past it has been live on nbc sports gold. Not sure about this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you seeing this? My subscription to Triathlonlive.tv renews tomorrow, but I'm not seeing anything about stream delays.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's really outrageous and obviously not the real reason. so why are they not providing live streaming in the usa this year?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU TV: no same day streaming of events in the US? [JDinMA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the email sent to remind me my subscription is up for renewal.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The WTS races are on the Olympic Channel.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU TV: no same day streaming of events in the US? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first move was to check for the US broadcaster too. I don’t want to pay for another subscription to NBC Sports Gold and I don’t have the Olympic channel through cable... which is why I subscribe(d) to Triathlon Live. This is really such a bummer and so frustrating! And totally not the way to get more people to watch triathlon.

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: ITU TV: no same day streaming of events in the US? [swim13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't get it....who benefits from delaying to large US market?

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: ITU TV: no same day streaming of events in the US? [swim13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best $20 in the history of currency has finally died...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: ITU TV: no same day streaming of events in the US? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So shit.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU TV: no same day streaming of events in the US? [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what about VPNs and tunnel bears and all that? Maybe we should enlist the guys from the ***Spring Classics*** thread for help...

chrisb12 wrote:
So shit.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: ITU TV: no same day streaming of events in the US? [JDinMA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JDinMA wrote:
Where are you seeing this? My subscription to Triathlonlive.tv renews tomorrow, but I'm not seeing anything about stream delays.

The email was from "World Triathlon" not "TriathlonLive". Here's the footnote:

*Due to broadcast market restrictions, World Triathlon Series race live streams will not be available to US subscribers. On-demand race replays will be available 72 hours after the live broadcast has ended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sucks for you guys. I assume it's because a broadcaster has exclusive rights, and figures that they can drive you to subscribe to their channel instead. In Canada, most of the WTS races stream free on CBC's app, but you can still view on Triathlon Live as well (because it's not like CBC is losing money since they don't charge for their stream). Even still I keep my TriLive subscription for the on-demand option later, and for the World Cups and other events as well. At their pricing it's a bargain...
Quote Reply
Re: ITU TV: no same day streaming of events in the US? [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, sucks for you guys in theUS but still worth the small $20 tag imho. I don’t have this problem being in Australia but I still watch most races on demand anyway (most happen at night time for us)!
Quote Reply
Re: ITU TV: no same day streaming of events in the US? [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
72 hours=3 days. Sure some races just aren't feasible for me to watch but being able to watch them the morning after before social media (or Slowtwitch!) ruins the suspense for me is valuable. If I were to wait 72 hours and know the winner, I'd only watch if it was talked about as the most epic race ever.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The damn app is called triathlon live not triathlon 72h delayed... Canceled

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply