Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ITU Leeds predictions and race day thread - Spoilers will eventually occur [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scotttriguy wrote:
Will Alistair let Jonny win so he gets more points toward series champ?

Ali has always said if Jonny wants to beat him, he has to beat him. So I doubt it.

I do think Jonny will win, but if he does I think he's doing it on merit.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Leeds predictions and race day thread - Spoilers will eventually occur [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am still sure Blummenfelt will finish strong. But maybe I am biased since I am Norwegian?????
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Leeds predictions and race day thread - Spoilers will eventually occur [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How hard is this course? Everyone looks in bits!
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Leeds predictions and race day thread - Spoilers will eventually occur [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 laps to go and 51 sec from AB/JB to the others.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Leeds predictions and race day thread - Spoilers will eventually occur [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scotttriguy wrote:
Will Alistair let Jonny win so he gets more points toward series champ?

Nope!
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Leeds predictions and race day thread - Spoilers will eventually occur [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
How hard is this course? Everyone looks in bits!

After what I understand the course has been designed by the Brownlees so it has to be hard :-)
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Leeds predictions and race day thread - Spoilers will eventually occur [r0bh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonny looks sick - hollowed eyes.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alistair opens up a couple of seconds with 3.5km to go. He is a legend of the sport without a doubt
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Leeds predictions and race day thread - Spoilers will eventually occur [r0bh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in awe! Hard to believe he was DNF a week ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was a MASTERCLASS. Seriously. He's an animal.

And still Jonny can't beat (healthy) Alistair over OD.
Last edited by: splashrunner: Jun 11, 17 9:44
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Leeds predictions and race day thread - Spoilers will eventually occur [splashrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is AB now a good or a bad triathlete according to slowtwitch?

Find it difficult
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Leeds predictions and race day thread - Spoilers will eventually occur [splashrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two great races this morning.
Life is good

And BBC is already out with a story http://www.bbc.com/...t/triathlon/40240790
Last edited by: Halvard: Jun 11, 17 9:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely phenomenal. There has never been a better 1-2 from two athletes working together. Such mental strength to hold that slender gap into the town centre and then put the sword to the chasing pack - which included some very strong cyclists who were all working together. Best swimmers, bikers and runners in the history of the sport.

Welcome to the Brownlee show. Are you not entertained?
Last edited by: messien: Jun 11, 17 9:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:

it was pretty damned impressive. i beat their women's coverage but they outsplit me on the men's (by about 15 minutes) and i thought i had mine up pretty fast.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Leeds predictions and race day thread - Spoilers will eventually occur [messien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was VERY entertained. That was phenomenal. To do that to a top caliber chasing pack with two people in the breakaway .... Insane!
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Leeds predictions and race day thread - Spoilers will eventually occur [Testrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Testrider wrote:
Is AB now a good or a bad triathlete according to slowtwitch?

hey! that's like asking if the worst UK tabloid is a good or bad new source according to brits. just because 1 reader bleeds in his typical way over a marquis brand or athlete that's no reason to ascribe that view to the rest of us here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Leeds predictions and race day thread - Spoilers will eventually occur [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Top British women are having a bad year!

Skybet widened there odds to 7/1 on a A.Brownlee/J.Brownleee 1/2 wonder what they know?

Skybet got it very wrong and I'm now £60 up which pays for my hotel in Leeds, off down the town to celebrate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone think Gomez, Mola or Murray would of got close to either of them today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
r0bh wrote:
Hope everyone's been happy so far with the moto positioning ;-)

Can we get a quick analysis of this so far from our resident ST moto watch team?

The photo-motos did a superb job on the men's race in particular. They kept good spacing almost all the time and they offset to the parallel lane when doing the closer in work. If my pissing and moaning about it helped in the least bit to drive the change then it was worth it;) It did seem to help keep the gap small until the technical riding began. Well done Brownlees and motomen to boot.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: Jun 11, 17 12:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mola - would have been 2nd pack and added little to the chase, doubt he could run 1 min faster than the Bs
Murray - ditto but probably wouldn't even have made the 2nd pack out of T1
Gomez - would have had the best chance but the Bs worked him over good and proper last year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Results with splits here
http://leeds-itu.r.mikatiming.de/2017/?pid=search
Haven't seen the course, but the runtimes seem to me to reflect an actual 10k distance with some elevation.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
r0bh wrote:
Mola - would have been 2nd pack and added little to the chase, doubt he could run 1 min faster than the Bs
Murray - ditto but probably wouldn't even have made the 2nd pack out of T1
Gomez - would have had the best chance but the Bs worked him over good and proper last year

Gomez had just came back from injury last year I think, but I agree even if he'd have made that front pack bike at the start I doubt he'd have been able to go with the Brownlees when they both broke away.

I think he'd have got closer than Alarza did bit not by much.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Leeds predictions and race day thread - Spoilers will eventually occur [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Halvard wrote:

it was pretty damned impressive. i beat their women's coverage but they outsplit me on the men's (by about 15 minutes) and i thought i had mine up pretty fast.

To be fair to you, they probably wrote it before the event. Having two athletes like that you can get away with it.

Looking at the women's times looks like Gwen's baby is going to put women's racing back five years.

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Does anyone think Gomez, Mola or Murray would of got close to either of them today?

to me, it seemed they were vulnerable on the run. certainly it's because they put on a massive effort on the bike. still, 3rd thru 6th outsplit them on the run. if gomez had been able to stick during the bike leg, that would've been interesting. that's a big ask, but gomez seems to me to have class on the bike for a course like leeds.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next