Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ITU Launches Bids for Multisport World Cups
Quote | Reply
https://www.triathlon.org/...ultisport_world_cups

The ITU is seeking bids to launch a MultiSport World Cup series, 2-3 day festivals featuring Duathlon, Cross Tri, Cross Du, Aquathlon and LD Tri. Will be interesting to see how many bids they get, and what this series looks like, but this can only be good for the growth of the other multisports...
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Launches Bids for Multisport World Cups [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the idea I think it’ll be interesting if going to a series doesn’t “stretch” those race formats too thin for athletes. Or maybe it’ll bring new athletes from those areas to give it a try,

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Launches Bids for Multisport World Cups [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the LD races draft legal?

Just on the surface: I think the host loses money on this unless they have the connections with the local to participate in revenue sharing.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Launches Bids for Multisport World Cups [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LD is non-draft.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Launches Bids for Multisport World Cups [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LD is non-draft. Venues my be willing to bet on the Tourism exposure gain, with the ITU now broadcasting all of their world cup events, there's increased exposure available for host cities in terms of drawing tourism dollars. Will that make places willing to gamble on the events, I'm not sure, but it's certainly a bigger lure than it would have been when there were 30min highlight shows covering 3 world cups a month after they happened...

I suspect most of the events will primarily piggy back off of established events, that might be expanding to the mini-festival to accomodate this... that said, I think selection of venues is a bit more limited, in that they need to be able to host the road and off-road events... there are plenty of places that can do it, but it's a bit more complicated than just hosting a sprint or olympic distance tri...
Quote Reply