Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ISM PN 3.0 Saddle & Hydration Option [ ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone gotten the riddle solved yet? I really need to have hydration on my bike

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 3.0 Saddle & Hydration Option [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here you go.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 3.0 Saddle & Hydration Option [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see, that's maybe the only way however on my SC the seatpost is a bit deeper than your a so I am not sure if it'll work!

I can't just rely on a BTA for hydration, specially when most of them leak like a mofo!!!

Damn ISM, make something to work on this saddle P-L-E-A-S-E

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zip ties man. Zip ties. Cheaper and lighter.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
playero wrote:
I see, that's maybe the only way however on my SC the seatpost is a bit deeper than your a so I am not sure if it'll work!

I can't just rely on a BTA for hydration, specially when most of them leak like a mofo!!!

Damn ISM, make something to work on this saddle P-L-E-A-S-E

We had an unused Speedfil R3 laying around here that I was able to mount up to the PN3.1 yesterday. The clamps screws are just close enough to fit between the rails. Not sure how it holds up over time as it is all nylon.

If it was just a bottle cage I'd do the zip tie mount, but we're using the XLab aero pouch.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 3.0 Saddle & Hydration Option [alexne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexne wrote:
So even that I love the new ISM PN 3.0 saddle, there seems to be one issue. As the rails are quite narrow at the back, most X-Lab rear hydration dont fit, except the Turbo Wing. I m looking for a single bottle holder on the back of the saddle.

Does anybody know of a rear single bottle holder that is quite minimal and which would fit the ISM PN 3.0 Saddle?
Been a few months, so wanted to bump this thread.

Seems like there's not many off-the-shelf options. I just ordered a Gorilla XT and some zip-ties. Will report back to see how well I'm able to get this thing mounted.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 3.0 Saddle & Hydration Option [JonathanNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The $10 tacx mount works on this saddle. Can do 1 or 2 bottles.

Edit: looks like it’s a little more than the $10 I remember paying for it a couple years ago.

Tacx Behind the Saddle Water Bottle Clamp https://www.amazon.com/...cp_api_kXs1Ab9G83ZEF
Last edited by: Sean H: Apr 16, 18 16:08
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 3.0 Saddle & Hydration Option [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Sean, did that tacx one actually hold? I’ve heard some bad things about it not holding at the angle you set it at.

Sean H wrote:
The $10 tacx mount works on this saddle. Can do 1 or 2 bottles.

Edit: looks like it’s a little more than the $10 I remember paying for it a couple years ago.

Tacx Behind the Saddle Water Bottle Clamp https://www.amazon.com/...cp_api_kXs1Ab9G83ZEF
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 3.0 Saddle & Hydration Option [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve had the tacx on a Cobb randee for a couple years with no issues, 1 or 2 bottles including double 25 oz bottles.

Just got the pn3.0. One ride with it and no issues, just one bottle. Now I have gorilla xt cages. Just using the tacx mount, not tacx cages. I’ll try and post some pics.

Last edited by: Sean H: Apr 16, 18 17:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Sean, great endorsement. Do you use lock Tite or anything else to hold screws in place?
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 3.0 Saddle & Hydration Option [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is an absolutely insane problem to have from a major manufacturer like ISM. I've got a PN3.0 on my ride after a fit a few weeks ago. I haven't paid for the saddle yet and may not keep it unless there's a resolution.

Does anyone have pictures of this zip-tie solution you speak of? It's so hard to believe, but I did ask ISM and they've just said sorry it doesn't fit.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 3.0 Saddle & Hydration Option [cmd111183] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmd111183 wrote:
This is an absolutely insane problem to have from a major manufacturer like ISM. I've got a PN3.0 on my ride after a fit a few weeks ago. I haven't paid for the saddle yet and may not keep it unless there's a resolution.

Does anyone have pictures of this zip-tie solution you speak of? It's so hard to believe, but I did ask ISM and they've just said sorry it doesn't fit.

Seriously dude? You are over reacting just a bit.

I don’t know how many times I have said it in this thread, use freakin zip ties. It’s not that difficult and it just so happens to save you some weight. Here’s a picture. Not the best photo but gives an idea. I can snap better photos late this week but I’m traveling right now.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
playero wrote:
Has anyone gotten the riddle solved yet? I really need to have hydration on my bike

Noticed these Topeak offerings recently: https://www.topeak.com/.../products/tri-backup

Two of the Tri-Backup mounts are made for saddles with vertical rails at the back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Delta wing worked for me.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 3.0 Saddle & Hydration Option [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
cmd111183 wrote:

Seriously dude? You are over reacting just a bit.

I don’t know how many times I have said it in this thread, use freakin zip ties. It’s not that difficult and it just so happens to save you some weight. Here’s a picture. Not the best photo but gives an idea. I can snap better photos late this week but I’m traveling right now.

This works for you because of the angle of your seat tube and how your saddle is positioned on it. I don't have the same clearance from seat post to saddle rails. The bottom of the bottle cage hits the seat post before the zip ties are tight enough to hold things in place. You can balance it against the seat post, but it digs into the carbon. Just doesn't work with my bike. Need to find a mount that will work unfortunately. Thanks for the picture though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok that’s fair. But this isn’t an ISM issue. The blame is not on ISM. It’s on xlab and other companies for not coming up with a solution to work with this saddle. ISM likely had to change their rail design specifically for this saddle design.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What’s wrong with the tacx mount I’ve already told you guys about? It works perfectly for 1 or 2 bottles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
What’s wrong with the tacx mount I’ve already told you guys about? It works perfectly for 1 or 2 bottles.
Thanks, Sean - I've been looking for a solution and am going to order this one from Amazon to give it a shot. Will report back with results.

One question - did you torque the bolts to anything specific?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, just hand tight with small Allen wrench. Probably 15 ftlbs
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 3.0 Saddle & Hydration Option [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Works good with the xlab turbo wing.

Since photo is broken, here's URL: https://imgur.com/a/mfeKE53
Last edited by: hhetland: May 28, 18 13:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JonathanNYC wrote:
Sean H wrote:

Thanks, Sean - I've been looking for a solution and am going to order this one from Amazon to give it a shot. Will report back with results.

One question - did you torque the bolts to anything specific?

Let me know how you get on with it. I grabbed one from Amazon and it definitely doesn't fit. I suppose I could force it to tighten, but the sadlle rails do not fit inside of the recessed grooves in the metal plate. Blah. Still need a solution.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean - how did you get this to fit flush? The tacx mount I just bought has grooves in the metal that are narrower than the rails. Did you just force it tight?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes just screw it tight. Channel doesn’t have to fit between the rails to secure it.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 3.0 Saddle & Hydration Option [hhetland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hhetland wrote:
Works good with the xlab turbo wing.

Since photo is broken, here's URL: https://imgur.com/a/mfeKE53
Thanks man, this looks nice. Does everything sit nice and tight, i.e., is it fully compatible with the saddle?
Quote Reply

Prev Next