Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IRONMAN COZUMEL!
Quote | Reply
I guess I was on the email list from IM Cancun (I registered but was unable to go last year)...so anyway...I received an email in spanish this morning which sent me to : http://www.ironmancozumel.com/

Very cool...interesting it's nearly the same time that IMAZ will take place and give IM THREE races in November.

Also, for the cost conscious, it's $530 (5250 pesos).

Last edited by: ga_fE_man: Aug 5, 08 4:25
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN COZUMEL! [ga_fE_man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm definitely signing up to this one. According to the pictures they let you do the swim with snorkels and/or a full scuba set. My type of IM :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great for another option in November.....not mentioned yet on Ironman.com so still wonder if it's legit or not?

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN COZUMEL! [jayhawk.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sure hope so, I just signed up!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's legit...there were rumors back in June about this going down.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN COZUMEL! [AlexG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you sign up? It says under "FAQ" that you sign up on Active.com on August 19? By the way, Im considering this race if it's true.......why hasn't Ironman publicized this?

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Practice your TTT skills. Read some race reports from the Cancun 70.3.

The Nov weather in Cancun is great, the end of Hurricane season is Dec 1, at least.

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Last edited by: support crew: Aug 5, 08 6:31
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN COZUMEL! [support crew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Nov weather in Cancun is great

...if you like hot and sticky. I've been there more than once in November and would only run very early or very late in the day. While it may seem very pleasant beside a pool or with the ocean breeze, it is still blazingly hot and humid on the roads when sheltered from the wind. Average maximum temprature in Cozumel for November is in the eighties and expect 90% humidity. There is little rain on November, an when if does fall, it pours, but for a very short time. Great weather for holliday, not so good for an Ironman (unless you like humidity...).

However, Cozumel is an easy sell for the significant other and family and the diving is world class.

Francois in Montreal
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN COZUMEL! [fbrissette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This line on the web site cracked me up:

"The course is flat, paved in good conditions and with a few sharp corners. We recommend that you take two water bottles during this segment of the race."

Apparently, only camels are allowed to enter.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN COZUMEL! [fbrissette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sound just like home to me (swfl). But Nov is better than September, when it is 100 degrees and 100% humidity. :-)

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went through here...

http://www.ironmancozumel.com/inscripcion_ing.html

I have a confirmation number and email.
Last edited by: AlexG: Aug 5, 08 7:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am totally psyched and my spouse is willing. Cozumel for us was not very exciting as we like the Mayan ruins and are not snorkelers, but leaving late November Chicago leveraging Thanksgiving holidays is just too ideal.

The only thing scares me is bike transport.

I have never disassembled(LBS does it all) or flown with my bike. For IMs I normally tribiketranport or drive with it.

How did you do it for Cancun 70.3?

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN COZUMEL! [AlexG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a scam. I would be worried if it wasn't through Active.com site.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN COZUMEL! [linhardt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's exactly my feelings too. Get out of Michigan in November, go some place tropical but not too expensive, and race. I've been looking for a race like this for a while as the NA Sports races fill up and the foreign races are just too expensive to go to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two interesting tidbits from the site
-all affected roads will be closed, even for the run (accdg to the website, who knows), that's a lot of Coz' highways, all the way down south and then north through downtown to the north of the island.
- Swim is a wave start by AG

It's a very interesting option, thanksgiving time, combine scuba and IM vacation (wonder what the hell it would cost to fly down there with a bike and tri gear AND scuba gear???)
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN COZUMEL! [runaway] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same thoughts. A lot of poor English on the web site.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sounds like a scam. I would be worried if it wasn't through Active.com site.

I am worried ESPECIALLY because it is Active.com ;-)

What especially makes me nervous that it is a scam is this paragraph:
"I can't make it to Cozumel until Friday the 27th. What should I do?
We strongly encourage all athletes to arrive in-time to register by 4pm on Friday at the latest. Depending upon the flight schedule on the 27th, late registration may be allowed by pre-arrangement with the race office..."

That level of flexibility is a red flag. NA Sports would never have a generous clause like that.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is not a scam....I spoke with someone at WTC (I cannot reveal, sorry) and based on what was said, they indicated that this would be announced this week....but feel free to wait and see if it shows up on active.com on or just after August 19th... (see below)

When can I sign up for the Cozumel Ironman on November 29th, 2009?
Worldwide online registration will begin on August 19, 2008. You can register online on this site or through www.active.com

OR e-mail WTC>>>>>>(from the Cozumel website)

Ironman 70.3 Race Office
43309 US Highway 19 N
Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
PH: 727/942-4767
FAX: 727/942-1987
Email: mella@ironman.com

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by RUDY PROJECT...check out http://www.e-rudy.com
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.
"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Götzen-Dämmerung (1899)
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN COZUMEL! [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If poor English was an indication of scam, I wouldn't buy anything online or anywhere for that matter. Certainly not on this forum ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN COZUMEL! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Won't argue with that:) I checked my post 4 times before submitting it so that I wouldn't insert my foot into said mouth.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could have told me 'if poor English WERE ...' and not 'if poor English was...' ;-)
My bad! I apologise. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And they should start the race in 2008, so I can ditch swimming in Tempe town lake, to see in Cozumel instead!
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN COZUMEL! [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This line on the web site cracked me up:

" We recommend that you take two water bottles during this segment of the race."
Must be BIG water bottles.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN COZUMEL! [tomd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By the way, if it were a scam, I would expect Ironman.com to indicate that it indeed is a scam.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN COZUMEL! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is NOT a scam.....I have my sources..... Looks like an awesome race.....May have to join in!
Quote Reply

Prev Next