Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

INTERESTED IN HOSTING A LIONEL SANDERS KONA VIEWING PARTY WITH DRAW PRIZES & A PERSONAL VIDEO FROM LIONEL
Quote | Reply

With Kona just one week away, energy and interest in the historic 40th Anniversary Hawaii Ironman is gaining steam. Most of the key Kona podium contenders are now on the Island (or are on nearby Hawaiian Islands). The media are coming to Kona in record numbers and the triathlon fan base around the world are building their cases for their personal favourites.

Supporters of Team Lionel Sanders, with his world-class sponsors are creating a fun-unique and personal way for his fans around the world to experience the 40th Anniversary Kona World Championships. Plan to host a Team Sanders official Viewing Parties on Oct 13th in your local area.

WHAT IS AN OFFICIAL LIONEL SANDERS VIEWING PARTY? A group of 10 or more friends-training partners host an official Kona Lionel. Sanders Ironman viewing party for 2 or more hours during the actual race.

You decide the location and format.. It can be a house party, a restaurant, at a bike shop, fitness centre or at a local store. It can be viewing only, or you can all be on your bikes indoors riding and watching the race. All you need is access to high speed internet so you can tune into the 2018 Kona World Championship internet show.

The group could be as small as 10 or as big as your host room can handle.

The timing of the 2 or more hours is totally up to your group. Because of time zone differences around North America and the world, we fully leave the 2hr block of time up to your HOST GROUP. Go as short as 2hrs or stick around the entire 9hrs till the top men and women are finished (its up to you).

GREAT DRAW PRIZES. Lionel's sponsors have graciously included numerous draw prizes which anyone who is at any viewing party will be eligible for. You simply need to send us the email addresses of your party participants, and their emails will go into the draw for all the great prizes.

EXCLUSIVE LIONEL SANDERS VIDEO. We will be sending your viewing party a private Lionel Sanders video on race day to hear from the man himself. This video is only going out to official Lionel Sanders viewing party organizers and their guests.

CONTACTING TEAM SANDERS TO REGISTER YOUR VIEWING PARTY: If you are interested in hosting an official Lionel Sanders Viewing Party next Sat Oct 13th, you need to contact barrie@personalbest.ca to set up the details and finalize the event. There is no cost to the organizing hosts. Parties can be anywhere in the world, that has a group of 10 or more people and are fans of Lionel Sanders.

BE A PART OF THE HISTORIC 40th Anniversary KONA IRONMAN: The pre-race analysis has the deepest pro field of men and women in Kona's 40 year history. New World Hawaii Ironman records are very possible if the weather gods allow the possibility to occur. Regardless of who you are cheering for on Oct 13th it is going to be an epic day of warriors battling each other on both the men & women's events.

Remember if you are interested in more details please email barrie@personalbest.ca and put LIONEL PARTY in the email header. I will get back to you within 24hrs.
Quote Reply
Re: INTERESTED IN HOSTING A LIONEL SANDERS KONA VIEWING PARTY WITH DRAW PRIZES & A PERSONAL VIDEO FROM LIONEL [coachbarrie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t have 9 friends :(
Quote Reply
Re: INTERESTED IN HOSTING A LIONEL SANDERS KONA VIEWING PARTY WITH DRAW PRIZES & A PERSONAL VIDEO FROM LIONEL [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe we run a contest to find you 9 other pals!
Quote Reply
Re: INTERESTED IN HOSTING A LIONEL SANDERS KONA VIEWING PARTY WITH DRAW PRIZES & A PERSONAL VIDEO FROM LIONEL [coachbarrie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
please stop shouting

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: INTERESTED IN HOSTING A LIONEL SANDERS KONA VIEWING PARTY WITH DRAW PRIZES & A PERSONAL VIDEO FROM LIONEL [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it.
Quote Reply
Re: INTERESTED IN HOSTING A LIONEL SANDERS KONA VIEWING PARTY WITH DRAW PRIZES & A PERSONAL VIDEO FROM LIONEL [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
please stop shouting

That made me laugh. out loud.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck with that. That's been said many times yet he's unable to do so.
Quote Reply
Re: INTERESTED IN HOSTING A LIONEL SANDERS KONA VIEWING PARTY WITH DRAW PRIZES & A PERSONAL VIDEO FROM LIONEL [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:

Just fixed for you...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coachbarrie wrote:

With Kona just one week away, energy and interest in the historic 40th Anniversary Hawaii Ironman is gaining steam. Most of the key Kona podium contenders are now on the Island (or are on nearby Hawaiian Islands). The media are coming to Kona in record numbers and the triathlon fan base around the world are building their cases for their personal favourites.

Supporters of Team Lionel Sanders, with his world-class sponsors are creating a fun-unique and personal way for his fans around the world to experience the 40th Anniversary Kona World Championships. Plan to host a Team Sanders official Viewing Parties on Oct 13th in your local area.

WHAT IS AN OFFICIAL LIONEL SANDERS VIEWING PARTY? A group of 10 or more friends-training partners host an official Kona Lionel. Sanders Ironman viewing party for 2 or more hours during the actual race.

You decide the location and format.. It can be a house party, a restaurant, at a bike shop, fitness centre or at a local store. It can be viewing only, or you can all be on your bikes indoors riding and watching the race. All you need is access to high speed internet so you can tune into the 2018 Kona World Championship internet show.

The group could be as small as 10 or as big as your host room can handle.

The timing of the 2 or more hours is totally up to your group. Because of time zone differences around North America and the world, we fully leave the 2hr block of time up to your HOST GROUP. Go as short as 2hrs or stick around the entire 9hrs till the top men and women are finished (its up to you).

GREAT DRAW PRIZES. Lionel's sponsors have graciously included numerous draw prizes which anyone who is at any viewing party will be eligible for. You simply need to send us the email addresses of your party participants, and their emails will go into the draw for all the great prizes.

EXCLUSIVE LIONEL SANDERS VIDEO. We will be sending your viewing party a private Lionel Sanders video on race day to hear from the man himself. This video is only going out to official Lionel Sanders viewing party organizers and their guests.

CONTACTING TEAM SANDERS TO REGISTER YOUR VIEWING PARTY: If you are interested in hosting an official Lionel Sanders Viewing Party next Sat Oct 13th, you need to contact barrie@personalbest.ca to set up the details and finalize the event. There is no cost to the organizing hosts. Parties can be anywhere in the world, that has a group of 10 or more people and are fans of Lionel Sanders.

BE A PART OF THE HISTORIC 40th Anniversary KONA IRONMAN: The pre-race analysis has the deepest pro field of men and women in Kona's 40 year history. New World Hawaii Ironman records are very possible if the weather gods allow the possibility to occur. Regardless of who you are cheering for on Oct 13th it is going to be an epic day of warriors battling each other on both the men & women's events.

Remember if you are interested in more details please email barrie@personalbest.ca and put LIONEL PARTY in the email header. I will get back to you within 24hrs.

Great idea, I unfortunately will be watching solo, but would love to get the personal Lionel Video, any way that is possible.
Quote Reply
Re: INTERESTED IN HOSTING A LIONEL SANDERS KONA VIEWING PARTY WITH DRAW PRIZES & A PERSONAL VIDEO FROM LIONEL [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTL wrote:
RBR wrote:

Just fixed for you...

I will need those 9 friends. I will be having dinner solo in a hotel in Nairobi when the Kona swim starts. Unlikely I will find any Lionel fans there. Maybe I can Skype with Cementbottle and his kids back here in Ottawa.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Lionel is racing I’m in if he’s talking I’m out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a cost to the attendees or the prize draws?
Quote Reply
Re: INTERESTED IN HOSTING A LIONEL SANDERS KONA VIEWING PARTY WITH DRAW PRIZES & A PERSONAL VIDEO FROM LIONEL [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. The idea is a free-fun social Lionel Support party. Everyone who is at the party, is eligible for the draw prizes. All the host has to do is find a location where they can have internet. In some cases there is a cost (because people are meeting at a restaurant and having food which they will personally pay for. But Lionel / we, are not expecting any money. We will supply the draw prizes and a personal video from Lionel to be shown on race day at your party. Each party will be different (location, time, duration, etc). Just a fun way to support Lionel (for those who are fans, and those who would be watching the race anyway).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I'll be hosting a Lucy Charles viewing party during the swim, a Sebastian Kienle party during the bike and a Gomez/Lange/Rinny viewing party during the run.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: INTERESTED IN HOSTING A LIONEL SANDERS KONA VIEWING PARTY WITH DRAW PRIZES & A PERSONAL VIDEO FROM LIONEL [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as you are celebrating the great race and tuning into watch the event.

Very surprised how many people have already contacted me about hosting a Lionel Sanders viewing party. Clearly there is great interest in this the 40th anniversary event regardless of which incredible athlete you are cheering for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you seen how many threads there are about Lionel? Love or hate, he has a massive following here.

Btw, you shouldn't forget about your other countryman, Brent

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coachbarrie wrote:
As long as you are celebrating the great race and tuning into watch the event.

Very surprised how many people have already contacted me about hosting a Lionel Sanders viewing party. Clearly there is great interest in this the 40th anniversary event regardless of which incredible athlete you are cheering for.

why does this sound like a Donald Trump comment?
Quote Reply
Re: INTERESTED IN HOSTING A LIONEL SANDERS KONA VIEWING PARTY WITH DRAW PRIZES & A PERSONAL VIDEO FROM LIONEL [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brent is a legend and I have known and appreciated his excellence since he was 15 years old. Coach Lance has done a great job with Brent's career. Few athletes start as juniors, go through their ITU careers, move into 70.3 and end with their Ironman careers with the same coach. Lance and Brent have lasted longer then many marriages. I could think of nothing better than to see Brent fighting out for a top 5 or podium spot in Kona. The man has done his work for a big performance with sub 8hr finishes, a past Ironman World Record, 2 Olympic Teams and so much more.

I have not worked all the way through my emails tonight, but with parties in Hungary (they have over 300 people coming together for a Lionel party), Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, USA (many USA states), Canada (virtually every province) and many parties already planned in Germany (I was surprised how many fans Lionel has in Germany) and still 6 days to go. The Sanders Fan Club will be spread around the World by Kona morning.

We have some parties riding the entire 8hrs on their trainers. We have some parties going for runs, then coming back to watch the race. We have groups getting together for the end of the bike and the marathon and we have parties for 2hrs at someone's house with some finger foods and a few beers/wine and watch the top pros torture each other.

Thanks to those who have contacted me for an official Lionel Sanders viewing party and if this inspires fans of other great Kona athletes to host their own Lucy, Javier, Patrick, Daniela, Brent, Sebbie, Starky, Heather, Cam Brown party then that is in the spirit of our world-wide sport. The big show comes only once a year and I anticipate some fire-works on Saturday.

What a better way to enjoy the big-race than with 8-10 or in the case of the Hungarians from Budapest 300 of your pals. Anyone still interested email barrie@personalbest.ca and we will make sure you are hooked up for an official party, eligible for great draw prizes and a Lionel Sanders personal video to your party on race day.

This is going to be an iconic 40th Anniversary Kona that we won't forget for a very long time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Sorry, I'll be hosting a Lucy Charles viewing party during the swim, a Sebastian Kienle party during the bike and a Gomez/Lange/Rinny viewing party during the run.

Your post is against FORUM RULES. Every thread needs to circle around into a Lionel thread!!! In the event that a poster violates this forum rule INSIDE A LIONEL THREAD slowman reserves the right to hike said poster's subscription fees to ST by as much as 50% annually and a one time bump of 1000% durinig Kona week. Thankfully for us, the subscription is currently set at zero. Discounts on the zero dollar subcription will be awarded to posters who hijack non Lionel threads and convert them into Lionel threads.

Go Lucy, Go Sebi, Go Rinny
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coachbarrie wrote:

Thanks to those who have contacted me for an official Lionel Sanders viewing party and if this inspires fans of other great Kona athletes to host their own Lucy, Javier, Patrick, Daniela, Brent, Sebbie, Starky, Heather, Cam Brown party then that is in the spirit of our world-wide sport.

Well said!
I'm Canadian born, and love to see Canadian's perform on the big stage. I love the chatter regarding Lionel, and truly enjoy watching this all play out.
With that said, I would love to see Ironman turn into the super bowl of triathlon from a spectator perspective and would love to see "8 hour" parties watching those pros (and age groupers) do what they do.
Watching Ironman Live on my TV in 2010 for 10 hours straight inspired me to do what I have done over these past 8 years.
These are truly the best athletes in the world, and we get to watch it live. Spread the word and setup viewing parties.
Cheers,
Quote Reply