Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [medium pace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on the unofficial aid stations the whole week of ironman.

+1 on the sponsorship for the first AG accross the line, or how bout first american AG across the line

+1 on handing out stuff the week of
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  Get a t-shirt cannon and shoot out Infinit shirts! Sponsor a bike "inspection" tent. The inspection or tuneup/repair lines are always long at these IM events..
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mike,

They serve coffee at Lava Java. That's where all the tri geeks hang out. If you are on Lava Java private property, WTC can't stop you from doing anything....Lava Java can sell coffee, sandwiches and Infinit...just work a deal with those guys :-).

Other than that, what do the Sherman Anti-trust say ????:

The law attempts to prevent the artificial raising of prices by restriction of trade or supply.[5] In other words, innocent monopoly, or monopoly achieved solely by merit, is perfectly legal, but acts by a monopolist to artificially preserve his status, or nefarious dealings to create a monopoly, are not. Put another way, it has sometimes been said that the purpose of the Sherman Act is not to protect competitors, but rather to protect competition and the competitive landscape. As explained by the U.S. Supreme Court in Spectrum Sports, Inc. v. McQuillan:

"The purpose of the [Sherman] Act is not to protect businesses from the working of the market; it is to protect the public from the failure of the market. The law directs itself not against conduct which is competitive, even severely so, but against conduct which unfairly tends to destroy competition itself." [6]

Looking forward to seeing you in Kona and there will be Infinit in my bottles to get me through the day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two airplanes flying overhead trailing flying banners.

The first one reads:

THROWING UP WITH POWERBAR?

The second one reads:

THROW DOWN WITH INFINIT.

-------
Joe

Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [Joe C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

The first one reads:

The second one reads:

THROW DOWN WITH INFINIT.

That's freeken awesome.

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get your peeps to be bike aid station volunteers. Slap Infinit stickers on all of the Perfrom bottles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just giving you some love.

I am not surprised at all by the actions of the WTC and am surprised they have not done it sooner.

It is one thing to have an "official" drink that is carried out on the course, but when you start barring competition from the Expo?

Those actions say ONE THING in my eyes... Our product sucks, so we have to JAM IT DOWN THE ATHLETES THROATS.

I have used Infinit custom mix... Still not quite right for me, but from feedback I have seen from some, I may have gone too high on the carbs which caused GI issues. That being said, I like the Infinit company, idea and product, as well as an athlete, I would rather have choice and access to products such as EFS, CeraSport, Cytomax, Infinit, etc., ESPECIALLY at the Expos, so if I am traveling and have issues with the Rocket Scientists at TSA, that I have a potential backup if need so I have my nutrition available and don't have to depend on the course...

Especially with events like Louisville that ran out and endangered the lives of athletes...

Again... Not surprised, and a major bad sign when the only items available at M-Dot events are M-Dot items... ESPECIALLY when it comes to what goes in my body.

The could license Horse-Piss as the Official drink of Ironman, and just because it has an M-Dot logo on it does not mean I am going to suck it down.

To each their own. Some people may love it. I don't I found it foul, but that is just me. I am for choices, especially when it comes to nutrition.

Best of luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

The first one reads:

The second one reads:

THROW DOWN WITH INFINIT.

That's freeken awesome.

X2. Shirts with this too...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2 or 3 or whatever on selling the Infinit kit. If you made it look cool I'd buy it. Hell, I still wear a visor you gave away to me 5 years ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"...of the 10 year contract."

That junk is gonna be on WTC race courses for 10 freak'in years? I just passed out!

Actually...I think that crapola is not gonna be around that long ;-)

Bring back the Gatorade...and fast!

Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [medium pace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I wondered why you booth was gone on Saturday, that just sucks. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what you do in Kona.

On a lighter note, I think I may have heard their product called out by it's correct name a very few times on course. It was almost always "Gatorade"...maybe they should focus on that too.

Pretty soon they will instruct volunteers to refuse to hand bottles to people that call out "Gatoraide" at all the aid stations. I can just see a thirsty rider reaching out, calling gatoraide and the volunteer yanking the bottle out of rider's reach at the last second for using the wrong term....

In Reply To:
go to Church, fix your karma - you may did something wrong like forgetting to pay performance bonuses to some pros........

I guess you're not going to get a reply to this post from Infinit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd run a twitter campaign where people had to walk around and find you for discount coupons/giveaways while you are wearing Infinit clothing @ the expo. I'd do something on FB as well.

I'd get a T shirt made that said something like INfinit guru ask me about infinit nutrition and stroll the expo.

I'd get some banners and put them up where you are staying.

I'd set up an infinit aid station(s) near where people do the morning swims and runs with small samples and coupons.

I'd collect email addresses to increase the size of my mailing list doing a pre kona sale, after kona sale and then another sale prior to the start of next season. Actually I'd do something a bit different where it was an exclusive sale only to that list generated at Kona so you can measure roi on that sort of thing.

One of the failures of many companies that sponsor IM's is failure to convert all the face time/knowledge given/brand awareness at the expo into future sales.

Take the sunglass comapny that sponsors WTC. I don't know which one it is, can't recall at all. I've watched in person 2-3 events and raced 2-3 events in the last 12 months where they where the sponsor. That's just piss poor marketing that they can't brand being a title sponsor into increased recognition or revenue. (personally I think sponsorship of events is a low roi activity in general). Wait is it Rudy project? No beings with a S right? what ever company it is, they have failed to cause me, and I suspect others, to remember who they are.

While you can't expo, you can garner that face time through guerrilla marketing and be nearly as successful if not more successful then some of the people who are IM sponsors.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job to your crew at IMC. Had a chance to try several of your options at the Bike Barn.

Like the Airport shuttle idea but may be a problem.

How about setting up at the Kona pool? Pool parties.

Have to have a presence at Lava Java.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year the 'beastmilch' peeps were handing out t-shirts and temporary tats at every morning swim. Saw a ton of the all week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
O.k. Here are some ideas...

Get a bunch of HOT Hula girls and have them hanging out at the airport handing out LEIs made of small packets of Infiniti mix.

Have free Rick-Shaws to help get people around and have sample packs on the back to hand out and talk about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So this isn't crazy or over the top, but I did see Infinit for the first time at a race expo this past weekend at the Big Kahuna half. The expo itself is really small, maybe half a dozen booths, but the local bike shop was there and they were selling Infinit. So even if you can't be there yourself, maybe you can get one of those booths that carry everything to have Infinit on sale. And if one of your own employees happens to help out at that booth that day, so much the better.
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [baxnelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Pretty soon they will instruct volunteers to refuse to hand bottles to people that call out "Gatoraide" at all the aid stations. I can just see a thirsty rider reaching out, calling gatoraide and the volunteer yanking the bottle out of rider's reach at the last second for using the wrong term....

That would be so awesome...

[rider approaches]
[volunteer holds out bottles]
[rider yells "Gatorade!" and makes motion to grab bottle]
[volunteer: "yoink!" and pulls back bottle]

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beastmilch always makes me laugh. I can never get to their site from work as it is banned as "Obscene Content"

Gotta love dumb proxy filters

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I were in Kona in 07 and it must have been right after Power Bar kicked GOO out IM. GOO rented a house on Ali'i Dr. just before the 5 mile turn. I witnessed so many athletes pro's and AG's pull goo's from their race belts in show of support for GOO. The house was plastered with banners and supporters all over the yard all day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello InfiniT 1 and All,

I will be using InfiniT at Kona ..... the whole way.

Whether you have a booth or not is immaterial to me.

If you had a 'location' in Kona where I could get more InfiniT so I did not have to haul it with me it would be convenient if I knew about it in advance.

There are probably enough other non Mdot triathlon products (that would like to have a presence) that could form their own alternate 'Expo' center ..... and be profitable for whoever ran it.

Reputation of being an 'outsider' works in politics - might fly for sports drinks.

An 'Outsider' that is the 'In' drink.

Remember when Harley Davidison died and went to the pearly gates? ...... and said ...... I would like to speak to God.

He was granted and audience and said ...... you know ..... one inventor to another ..... I have noticed that the women you made from Adam's rib tend to wobble at high speed ........... God listened and then tapped few keystrokes to Google on his computer ...... Well, God said, it says here that a lot more men are riding my model than yours.

Is an Mdot sponsored booth really important to get product out the door?

Good luck,

Cheers,

Neal

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
find out how serious they are: call advertising in LAVA Magazine and inquire about placing a full page ad in their next issue. Let us know their response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the java idea, too. I wish you al the best, don't give up the good fight. You will prevail!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Rent a convention room at a hotel and organize a triathlon expo the weekend of IM events.

2. See if you can rent the Chalkbot. It should be free 11 months out of the year.

3. Give shorts with "INFINIT" printed on the butt to girls who volunteer for the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would agree with putting as many AG'ers in Infinit kit or have Infinit stickers/shirts. You could give 20% off to every athlete wearing some type of Infinit gear. Athletes tend to pay attention to what other people are using and word of mouth is a powerful thing. I personally feel that this would have way more impact than a booth at the Expo. P.S. I use your product in two custom formulations and think that it is great stuff.
Quote Reply

Prev Next