Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM just got more expensive....today [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure that for those with an extra $1,000 to throw away the return is pretty commensurate. For the rest f us, not so much

In the end it just means one thing: Rich people have a better chance of getting into WTC races than poorer people. Yes they already did, but this makes it even more so than before. Another wonderful thing that wonderful corporation has done for the sport.

Perhaps they could just auction off all slots to the highest bidder?

(This is someone's cue to tell me that if I've already blown of x thousand for a bike and a plane ticket and a hotel and the normal entry fee then I have no right to complain)
Quote Reply
Re: IM just got more expensive....today [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Rich people have a better chance of getting into WTC races than poorer people."

IM already had an image of being a rich white boy/girl sport. Guess it just got a little richer and whiter.:-)
Quote Reply
Re: IM just got more expensive....today [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTC must have read that NY Times article that said our average salaries are $175,000 per year and we regularly spend $22,000/year on triathlon. We have money to burn!
Quote Reply
Re: IM just got more expensive....today [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And most importantly, ask the guy who just crossed the finish line after months of preparation for his/her first Ironman.

Expensive? Hmmm. It takes a lot of money to be involved but I'll suggest the return is commensurate or even greater.

After crossing the line at CdA, I was left feeling underwhelmed...cheated, almost. Thinking, perhaps, I missed something, I have signed up for the inaugural IMTX. Here's to hoping not to be disappointed.

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: IM just got more expensive....today [SpeedAgent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is pretty lame. I think ultras will suit me well.

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Re: IM just got more expensive....today [SpeedAgent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Supply and demand.

Since there's apparently enough demand to be able to pull off this stuff, someone else should step up and increase the supply.

UltraMegaSuperman triathlon anyone?
Last edited by: LuckyMe: Oct 27, 10 14:21
Quote Reply

Prev Next