Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona, Cozumel) [triryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you do the updated Cozumel list? This is awesome. Donation incoming.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland) [DesertTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DesertTriGuy wrote:
Would be interesting to compare your list with the race day results just to see how everyone did. It is this kind of data I have been looking for as someone who is pursuing Kona. Always wonder about the competition. At any rate, what are the odds of you doing one for IMAZ this year?

I was tracking M 55-59 last weekend IM Wisconsin. I believe 1 and 3 on the list took 1st and 2nd. Pretty damn good I'd say!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland) [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
DesertTriGuy wrote:
Would be interesting to compare your list with the race day results just to see how everyone did. It is this kind of data I have been looking for as someone who is pursuing Kona. Always wonder about the competition. At any rate, what are the odds of you doing one for IMAZ this year?

I was tracking M 55-59 last weekend IM Wisconsin. I believe 1 and 3 on the list took 1st and 2nd. Pretty damn good I'd say!

Pretty accurate for M 40-44 at Wisconsin, too. The spreadsheet predicted 1st, 2nd, and 4th exactly and a few others within the top 10.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona, Cozumel) [triryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triryan wrote:
Ironman Cozumel Psych Sheet (August 2 start list...harder to parse the start list, so there may be some missing data)

Would it be possible for you to update the Cozumel list? A new participant list was released on October 1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triryan wrote:
People have requested I generate these:

Ironman Wisconsin Psych Sheet (July 5 start list)

Ironman Florida Psych Sheet (August 1 start list)

Ironman Louisville Pysch Sheet (August 9 start list)

Ironman Chattanooga Psych Sheet (July 3 start list)

Ironman Maryland Psych Sheet (July 2 start list)

Ironman Arizona Psych Sheet (April 5 start list)

Ironman Cozumel Psych Sheet (August 2 start list...harder to parse the start list, so there may be some missing data)

I tried to incorporate HIM results into the prediction this time so that more contenders trickle up to the top. The (Kona Qualifier) label is for 2018 qualifiers, so it won't be as relevant for these races that qualify for 2019. I may try to update these later with data from 2018 results and/or updated rankings after more testing and improving on the algorithm.

I generated these for Ironman Santa Rosa and Boulder previously, and here was the background context:

"Ironman races post a participant list, but it is typically just in alphabetical order. It's hard to know how many people are in your age group, how many Kona slots your age group will have, who the competition is, and how you stack up against it. I wrote a program that parses the participant list, calculates expected Kona slot allocations, looks up USAT rankings and best past IM/70.3 results, and tries to rank people by age group. It also shows if people have already qualified for Kona and if they started in Kona a particular year."

would be interesting to see what a sheet like this looked like for Kona this year. Just to see how the comp. stacks up in each age group?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona, Cozumel) [xcchampion11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here it is:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Ironman_World_Championship_Psych_Sheets_P6735585/?search_string=psych#p6735585

-Jason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance you can update the Cozumel sheet? There is an Oct 1 participant list now posted. Would love to see where I stack up.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona, Cozumel) [spectrum5825] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spectrum5825 wrote:
Any chance you can update the Cozumel sheet? There is an Oct 1 participant list now posted. Would love to see where I stack up.

And, I have at least 4 friends told me they are switching to Coz from Florida due to the hurricane, so even that will change from 10/1. I bet Coz has its highest participation yet.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona, Cozumel) [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
spectrum5825 wrote:

And, I have at least 4 friends told me they are switching to Coz from Florida due to the hurricane, so even that will change from 10/1. I bet Coz has its highest participation yet.

Just wondering now that IMFL is moving to Haines City, are your friends still switching to Cozumel?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets [triryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triryan wrote:
Right - these are all using results/data from 2017. I will have to make some updates to get the latest 2018 data incorporated.

Per a request, I added a psych sheet for Ironman Cozumel. That start list was in a slightly different format, and it took some more manual effort to parse out the names and countries...hopefully most of the data is there.

Would you mind update Cozumel? I have a converted spreadsheet for you to start with. It's converted from the Oct 1st update PDF using pdftoexcel.com. Thanks! I would gladly donate if you can help out. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets [tie3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tie3 wrote:
Would you mind update Cozumel? I have a converted spreadsheet for you to start with. It's converted from the Oct 1st update PDF using pdftoexcel.com. Thanks! I would gladly donate if you can help out. Thanks!

I will see if I can do something this weekend (have been in Kona). The main issue with the Cozumel list is that the names are on different lines (sometimes first name, sometimes last, sometimes both) so it takes more manual effort to get the input data right.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona, Cozumel) [tie3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tie3 wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
spectrum5825 wrote:

Just wondering now that IMFL is moving to Haines City, are your friends still switching to Cozumel?

Yes they had already registered
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just updated the Cozumel sheet. It has some more of the 2018 results factored in now. Some results may be missing due to variations on how names are spelled in the results.

tie3 wrote:
triryan wrote:
Right - these are all using results/data from 2017. I will have to make some updates to get the latest 2018 data incorporated.

Per a request, I added a psych sheet for Ironman Cozumel. That start list was in a slightly different format, and it took some more manual effort to parse out the names and countries...hopefully most of the data is there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The IMAZ list was just updated. Any chance you can update it?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona, Cozumel) [DesertTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DesertTriGuy wrote:
The IMAZ list was just updated. Any chance you can update it?

Sorry, I can't currently process the lists when they are in that format. I'm currently relying on age and country data. But I see that IM tends to strip that information when they produce the final bib list, so it's something I have in mind to address in the future. If there is a particular name you want me to add, I can do that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triryan wrote:
I just updated the Cozumel sheet. It has some more of the 2018 results factored in now. Some results may be missing due to variations on how names are spelled in the results.

Ryan, would you mind do this one more time? They just published a Nov participant list. I also converted it to Excel there. Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would just need a little help in cleaning up the data this time - remove all rows that aren't participant information and then everywhere there is a line break (first name, last name, and/or country on the following line) copy/paste the information into the line above (with a single space after existing content) so that it is one row per athlete...and then delete the dangling row. It is a fair amount of manual effort, but I can update the rankings if someone does the above for me.

tie3 wrote:
triryan wrote:

Ryan, would you mind do this one more time? They just published a Nov participant list. I also converted it to Excel there. Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for doing this. The sheets are great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I updated the Cozumel sheets with the information you provided...it's using race results before Kona, so that's why you won't see Kona Starter information accurate for this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went ahead and included all the 2018 Ironman results to-date, including Kona. I don't have a list of people already qualified for 2019 Kona, though...can't imagine there are many at this race.

triryan wrote:
I updated the Cozumel sheets with the information you provided...it's using race results before Kona, so that's why you won't see Kona Starter information accurate for this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Psych Sheets (updated for 2019) [triryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated for 2019, starting with Ironman Texas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triryan wrote:
Updated for 2019, starting with Ironman Texas

Needed this motivation to go get the long run in.. thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Added Ironman Santa Rosa. I don't see a start list for Kona yet, so I can't add that information right now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next