Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland) [triryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would be interesting to compare your list with the race day results just to see how everyone did. It is this kind of data I have been looking for as someone who is pursuing Kona. Always wonder about the competition. At any rate, what are the odds of you doing one for IMAZ this year?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland) [DesertTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here you go: Ironman Arizona

DesertTriGuy wrote:
Would be interesting to compare your list with the race day results just to see how everyone did. It is this kind of data I have been looking for as someone who is pursuing Kona. Always wonder about the competition. At any rate, what are the odds of you doing one for IMAZ this year?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona) [triryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t see how I can donate? This is great stuff.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona) [David_Tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! There's a link at the top of each sheet: "Useful? Consider a $5 donation to support this project."

David_Tris wrote:
I can’t see how I can donate? This is great stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona) [triryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, boy! Someone is sicker than me! I complied a list of results for the guys in my AG to see how I stack up against them. Now, you did this for all these races and for all AGs! Nice job!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets [triryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While the start lists haven't changed, the race results have changed since you ran the numbers... I was looking at IMWI and a gal that raced IM Santa Rosa is entered but her IMSR results are not populated...

Cool tool... thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets [sfjab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right - these are all using results/data from 2017. I will have to make some updates to get the latest 2018 data incorporated.

Per a request, I added a psych sheet for Ironman Cozumel. That start list was in a slightly different format, and it took some more manual effort to parse out the names and countries...hopefully most of the data is there.

sfjab wrote:
While the start lists haven't changed, the race results have changed since you ran the numbers... I was looking at IMWI and a gal that raced IM Santa Rosa is entered but her IMSR results are not populated...

Cool tool... thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it... still super helpful!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't believe I missed that. I was on my iPad, that's my story. Money sent.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triryan wrote:
Right - these are all using results/data from 2017. I will have to make some updates to get the latest 2018 data incorporated.

Per a request, I added a psych sheet for Ironman Cozumel. That start list was in a slightly different format, and it took some more manual effort to parse out the names and countries...hopefully most of the data is there.

sfjab wrote:

Cool tool... thanks!

Could you update IMMD with bib list? Donation sent!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets [xcchampion11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I'm not able to parse the bib lists right now because they are formatted slightly differently than the participant lists and are missing the exact age. I can look at doing that in the future, though. If there is a specific person or persons you want added, just message me their name/age/country, and I can update it.

xcchampion11 wrote:

Could you update IMMD with bib list? Donation sent!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona, Cozumel) [triryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triryan wrote:
People have requested I generate these:

"Ironman races post a participant list, but it is typically just in alphabetical order. It's hard to know how many people are in your age group, how many Kona slots your age group will have, who the competition is, and how you stack up against it. I wrote a program that parses the participant list, calculates expected Kona slot allocations, looks up USAT rankings and best past IM/70.3 results, and tries to rank people by age group. It also shows if people have already qualified for Kona and if they started in Kona a particular year."

Very cool. Shooting you a donation.

Can you go back and run this for prior races? I'd be interested to see how your projection compares to actual results and use that to improve the algorithm. I'd particularly be interested to see Lake Placid since I competed there.

Thanks for doing this.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona, Cozumel) [jb4iu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a participant list pdf (not the bib list), I can do that. Otherwise, I color coded first/second/third for Ironman Santa Rosa which I competed at. I improved the algorithm after that to better include HIM results. If people aren't on the start lists, I can't rank them. I haven't had a chance to try and programmatically update the sheets with the final results, but it is something I want to do...also want to try and parse the bib lists since they tend to have several people not on the last participant list posted.

jb4iu wrote:

Very cool. Shooting you a donation.

Can you go back and run this for prior races? I'd be interested to see how your projection compares to actual results and use that to improve the algorithm. I'd particularly be interested to see Lake Placid since I competed there.

Thanks for doing this.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona, Cozumel) [triryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank so much for doing this. I just donated.

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so cool! thank you

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just sent you the IMLP participant list via DM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for doing this - money sent!

Would love to see these with the 2018 results included (and once an updated bib list is posted for IMAZ, ha!) I've tried to figure out how to make one of these and your Excel brain is definitely smarter than mine.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona, Cozumel) [jb4iu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jb4iu wrote:
I just sent you the IMLP participant list via DM.[/quote
Has the LP sheet been posted, can't seem to find that!

thanks so much, will donate, a great effort!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool stuff but does a half have anything to do with a full? Also, I don't know if it takes into account athletes that aged up this year....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to update Chattanooga and Maryland? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triryan wrote:

Ironman Louisville Pysch Sheet (August 9 start list)

21. RODNEY SCOTT

2017:(100.850)(41m26s, 2h44m30s, 1h49m16s, 5h22m25s, 58)
2016:(101.291)
2015:(100.182)
2014:(99.394)
2013:(100.876)

This guy WON Ironman Boulder 2017 M40-44 AG with a time of 9h44. He's one of the favourites in this year's IMLOU M40-44.

Any chance to update the pysch sheet with 2018 race results as well?
Last edited by: tie3: Sep 13, 18 11:29
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona, Cozumel) [tie3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I updated this one to include 2018 results. There is a Rodney Scott from USA and Canada...the one listed on the start list is from Canada and the one from Boulder is USA. I'm looking at name/country/age to keep track of people, so if these are the same people, that is why the result doesn't appear.

tie3 wrote:
triryan wrote:

Ironman Louisville Pysch Sheet (August 9 start list)

21. RODNEY SCOTT

2017:(100.850)(41m26s, 2h44m30s, 1h49m16s, 5h22m25s, 58)
2016:(101.291)
2015:(100.182)
2014:(99.394)
2013:(100.876)

This guy WON Ironman Boulder 2017 M40-44 AG with a time of 9h44. He's one of the favourites in this year's IMLOU M40-44.

Any chance to update the pysch sheet with 2018 race results as well?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona, Cozumel) [marzrya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I'm not set up to process the bib lists right now...they are formatted a little differently than the participant lists.

marzrya wrote:
Is it possible to update Chattanooga and Maryland? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin and IM Florida Psych Sheets (+Louisville, Chattanooga, Maryland, Arizona, Cozumel) [OJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the first one I did was for Ironman Santa and didn't factor in 70.3 results. Rosa https://docs.google.com/.../edit#gid=1765503760 Some of the outliers in top performers were people with good 70.3 results but no full results, so I updated the algorithm to factor them in (although full still takes precedence).

OJ wrote:
Cool stuff but does a half have anything to do with a full? Also, I don't know if it takes into account athletes that aged up this year....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyway to update the IMFL list, i think it is updated once after your last post.
Quote Reply

Prev Next