Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
(Live Race Thread) IM Tulsa NA Champs - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long?
Quote | Reply
1. Sam (OK, looking back at the StG thread where practically no one had him in their top 3, let's see if anyone leaves him out now)
2. Lange (will bank on his run)
4. Potts (his Cancun race was impressive, and he had a flat on the bike he changed by hand w/out support!!!)

Feel bad not having Beals on there. Baekkegard couldn't ride his bike fair at StG and he cramped on the run.

Start list:

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: May 22, 21 19:17
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tulsa NA Champs Prediction Thread - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Daniela Ryf

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tulsa NA Champs Prediction Thread - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There’s a ton of Euros and internationals on that start list!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tulsa NA Champs Prediction Thread - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about Bart Aernouts?
He is a very strong cyclist.
And he can race well in the heat.

7:56 at Kona!
Also his win at 70.3 in Haines City is faster than it appears. It was pretty dam hot that day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would not put Long on the podium in that field.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tulsa NA Champs Prediction Thread - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
I would not put Long on the podium in that field.

He could win - sure - he could finish 6-8 with a decent race as well. It's a solid field.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tulsa NA Champs Prediction Thread - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me:

1. Baekkegard
2. Long
3. Aernouts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super stacked field.
But only 4 weeks between St. George and this is cutting it a bit close for some isn't it (st. george contestants)?
I would say favorites would be those more focused on the full distance. 2x Patrik will probably do well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David McNamee's name stood for me as someone who could win it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would of had Skipper down as one of the main contenders a few months ago, but he had very average performances in Dubai & Galveston (or he would have if he finished). Nilsson is definitely a chance, he's put in good performances in big races before.

Loving having stacked fields of late. Hope IM does the same as ITU and limits the races for top tier pro's, maybe to just the championship races, so we see more battles between the big guns.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tulsa NA Champs Prediction Thread - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
42point2 wrote:
I would of had Skipper down as one of the main contenders a few months ago, but he had very average performances in Dubai & Galveston (or he would have if he finished). Nilsson is definitely a chance, he's put in good performances in big races before.

Loving having stacked fields of late. Hope IM does the same as ITU and limits the races for top tier pro's, maybe to just the championship races, so we see more battles between the big guns.

was thinking the same thing. maybe he's not had a good block of training, or just some bad luck, but it feels like he's under-performed a bit lately.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotta go with Potts for no other reason than he's one of the "older guys" in the field.

Agree - his race in Cancun was impressive. Have to wonder if the flat killed his motivation to push hard on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tulsa NA Champs Prediction Thread - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

1. Baekkegard

2. Long
3. Lange
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we know how many Kona slots they are giving out for this race? A lot of perennial Kona guys on this start list with not too many full distance pro fields left.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The podium in no particular order:
Lange
Long
and the only non-long person: McNamee

The Scot may be a bit of a punt, but he didn’t do well at St. George, which in addition to that bike course may have been a matter of prepping for the long (and Long, and Lange) Tulsa.

Plus, I just like him.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lange
Long
Whoever

Tulsa with 4900ish feet of climbing is a stronger mans course. That means Long. If Lange can deal with that he will be hard to beat on the run. If Long can run its his to lose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My pick as No1 is Rasmus Svenningsson. He did a sub 8 solo in training last summer and seems to be in good shape.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tulsa NA Champs Prediction Thread - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [pad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see rasmus as a dark horse too. Had a stellar run in Dubai as well and I believe he is even stronger on the LC.

Baekkegard
Long
Svenningson
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tulsa NA Champs Prediction Thread - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [pad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a good pick. Didn’t he win that crazy sprint finish in Dubai? I think they all ran like 1:09 there too.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tulsa NA Champs Prediction Thread - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:
Lange
Long
Whoever

Tulsa with 4900ish feet of climbing is a stronger mans course. That means Long. If Lange can deal with that he will be hard to beat on the run. If Long can run its his to lose.

I also hear there are a lot of cracks in the road there, making it even more of a strong man’s race: maintaining momentum over those cracks is something Sam is used to after two months of training down in Tucson. If his 2:38 marathon which was in 49+ mph insane winds is any indicator, I’d say he can run… if his 1:11 last week in StG wasn’t proof

Quote Reply
Re: IM Tulsa NA Champs Prediction Thread - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [Swutch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swutch wrote:
I see rasmus as a dark horse too. Had a stellar run in Dubai as well and I believe he is even stronger on the LC.

Baekkegard
Long
Svenningson

Rasmus is a former high level nordic skier. My pick for the win. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's Patrick Lange, Sam Long, or Joe Skipper. However, it's a crap shoot because the field is soooo good. It will be interesting to see what kind of form Lange is in to start the season. He is usually not at his best form coming out of winter but he is who he is. It should be a good race.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wait a sec ... I'm starting to think you're a fan of Sam.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tulsa NA Champs Prediction Thread - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lock_N_Load wrote:
I think it's Patrick Lange, Sam Long, or Joe Skipper. However, it's a crap shoot because the field is soooo good. It will be interesting to see what kind of form Lange is in to start the season. He is usually not at his best form coming out of winter but he is who he is. It should be a good race.

Lange’s Challenge Canaria race was OK.. we’ll see!

Quote Reply
Re: IM Tulsa NA Champs Prediction Thread - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
wait a sec ... I'm starting to think you're a fan of Sam.

*and Rudy

Quote Reply

Prev Next