Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day turns to Cody Beals 8:10.36
Quote | Reply
Looks like swims are a bit slow. Antoine Derochers first out of the water in 50. I assume no wetsuit swim for the pros
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Aug 19, 18 15:34
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
top swims. Best of luck to STer Cody Beals. I know all the talk on here is Lionel, but hopefully Cody can have a great day:

1 50:10 Antoine Jolicoeur Des
2 52:35 2:26 Cody Beals
3 52:42 2:32 Joe Gambles
4 52:43 2:33 Andrew Yoder
5 52:47 2:37 Wouter Monchy
6 55:04 4:54 Alan Carrillo
7 55:04 4:55 Jesse Vondracek
8 55:07 4:58 Lionel Sanders
9 55:25 5:15 Jeff Symonds
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed, Cody has had a great year so far. So no wetsuit, Lionel only 230 back, going to be a good day. Go Canada !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya, no wetsuit swim. Thx for starting this thread.. Will be following all day and ST needs something other than the AH thread ;)
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just noticed they delayed all the swim start by what looks like an hour. Probably due to fog. This means more riding in the more windy part of the day on loop 2 on the 117 for age groupers and more heat running starting first half/ two thirds of the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about the coverage. Semi Live splits on screen. So happy that WTC is finally trying to monetize this asset with live coverage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev remind me again why Lionel is doing an Ironman this late? Is he not serious about Kona this year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this is Cody Beals’ first Ironman

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [mrw42976] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrw42976 wrote:
Dev remind me again why Lionel is doing an Ironman this late? Is he not serious about Kona this year?

He has stated he was scheduled for a long training day anyway so he is using it as a supported long training day and testing new on-course nutrition/hydration and “efficiency” strategies.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
How about the coverage. Semi Live splits on screen. So happy that WTC is finally trying to monetize this asset with live coverage.

where are you watching?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recall LS feeling wrecked in AZ post Kona last season. The turn around time is similar to this race/Kona. Not sure how smart it is unless he shuts the run down and LS doesn't race like that. Could be a rough run in the lave fields.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
remind me again why Lionel is doing an Ironman this late? Is he not serious about Kona this year?

He was going to do a very long training day right around now in his schedule, this way he gets to practice some new nutrition strategies, some pacing, all while cashing a pretty good check. Not the kind of field that is going to give him trouble, so a hard training day effort should take it down. I just hope that when he gets out there that he shuts it down a bit and cruises in..
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monty, Mark from Seattle here. Hope fam is well :)

I agree but if Cody and or Gambles can keep him honest he will have to run a decent 26.2 in order to get that decent check. That could linger. We don’t see Jan, Sebi, Lange, Gomez racing a full this late and I am certain they all have log training days.

I am pulling for LS in Kona but not a huge fan of this move.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course there are guys really going for it out there that keep the pace honest, I dont think Lionel would have it any other way. Otherwise trying out new nutrition or pacing would mean nothing, you have to go somewhat hard.

But unless something is absolutely wrong with Sanders, I suspect he is setting up for a late surge on the bike, or beginning a very fast pace in the run to test out some strategies. As long as he doest try and run a full 2;40 or so marathon and shuts it down, and is able to just cruise in, he should be fine in his training plan for Kona. Others have actually raced very hard even closer and closed the deal, these things just dont affect these guys like they would us...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
facebook live. search for ironman now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree...but who in the past 20-30 years has raced this close and done well and or won in Kona? Only one I can think of is Peter Reid doing Penticton then going on to win Kona. (2000)
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
CementBottle wrote:

where are you watching?

Facebook live. Coverage is the best I've seen with drones giving your de France style views at a distance from Meadows. Go to Facebook Ironman page and go to video link
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chapeau Ironman! Credit where its due; they finally have delivered on a live race. Not surprised its a Tremblant. That is a top notch venue. I wonder if Talbot Cox is a part of this drone coverage. I saw Lionel reference watching this feed in their video.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well winning Kona is not the only person who does well, everyone can't win can they? (-; But like I said, this is further out than the old Canada race was, and he will not be going balls to the wall. This is a race he could win by 25+ minutes I would guess, hopefully it is under 7 so that he just gets that hard training day effect that most other athletes will be doing right about now too...

Just looking at the bike ride it appears he is holding back. Just look at how close guys are that would normally be blown away by now from his usual early pace. I just wonder what is in his head after seeing that swim time. He is still 5 minutes behind the leader, and this was not a top field with a super front group. It also was not a big chase group either, but 5 minutes here is not an improvement for him from last years race..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long training day for the Colonel. Working on his form , staying efficient and keeping his balls clean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cody/Yoder are very good cyclist, not the best runners so he doesn't need to do much there.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You dont enter 140.6 and call it a training day, you dont go on a 26.2 mile tempo run in training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You dont enter 140.6 and call it a training day, you dont go on a 26.2 mile tempo run in training. //

How about if we call it a learning day then, a very long learning day... (-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This could prove to be a good "training" day in terms of nutrition. Maybe more learning than training but nutrition wise this could prove to be quite valuable heading into Kona.
Quote Reply

Prev Next