Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Transition questions
Quote | Reply
I will be doing an IMUSA this summer. I have done several 1/2's and a bunch of oly's and have always swam, rode and ran in the same tri shorts. I plan on riding in regular bike shorts and switching to running shorts for the run in LP. I have plenty of spare time in T1 and t2 as I just want a respectable finish. My question is about the special needs bag. After the swim, will i run into an area, pick up my special needs bag and go to the changing tent? And after the ride will I do the same, park the bike, get the bag and back into the tent to change into the run wear? I appteciate the help, especially from any LP veterens

Thanks

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: IM Transition questions [tristeve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
steve,

you will be given 4 bags: t1, bike special needs, t2, run special needs. the transition bags are what you use in the transition area. you either pick it off of a rack or a volunteer hands it to you. the special needs bags are taken out on the course by staff, usually about 1/2 way into the leg. you can put just about anything you want in these (read the rules in the race booklet first). most people put dry shirts or socks, gel, personal-brew drinks, etc. in them. hope this helps.

geoff
Quote Reply