Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Timberland 70.3 travel/logistics
Quote | Reply
Anybody know if this is simple to fly into the race from Florida, race then fly back very easily? Looking to get a 70.3 in before my Ironman but everything else is locked up. Thinking of leaving the family home for a quick solo weekend trip/race.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Timberland 70.3 travel/logistics [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in a neighboring state. But if you can fly directly into Manchester, NH, it would be an easy drive to the venue. You probably could also fly into Logan (Boston) and drive maybe 90 minutes (not sure about the distance or time but it's not terribly far).

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Timberland 70.3 travel/logistics [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:
I live in a neighboring state. But if you can fly directly into Manchester, NH, it would be an easy drive to the venue. You probably could also fly into Logan (Boston) and drive maybe 90 minutes (not sure about the distance or time but it's not terribly far).

^^^^This

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know where in Florida you are but Southwest has daily direct flights to/from Manchester to Orlando. Really easy drive to/from the venue. Boston wouldn't be terrible either but Manchester takes about an hour off the drive, though traffic makes it a lot worse. Manchester is also much smaller which just makes it so much more logistically easy. You are taking away most of the traffic and things like checking in and going through security are so much quicker.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Timberland 70.3 travel/logistics [Emzee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burlignton, VT (BVT) was also offering non-stop flights to Orlando at one time. But then it would be a 2.5 hour drive to Laconia. I would only look into this if you can't get direct flights from Manchester or Boston. If you can get a non-stop flight to Manchester, you are styling! Manchester is much better in regards size and traffic and much closer to the venue. I've driven enough to Logan and the traffic is no joke getting in and out of MA on I93 depending on time of day. (maybe it's improved the last few years?)

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Last edited by: Triingtotrain: May 15, 21 7:01
Quote Reply
Re: IM Timberland 70.3 travel/logistics [Emzee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emzee wrote:
I don't know where in Florida you are but Southwest has daily direct flights to/from Manchester to Orlando. Really easy drive to/from the venue. Boston wouldn't be terrible either but Manchester takes about an hour off the drive, though traffic makes it a lot worse. Manchester is also much smaller which just makes it so much more logistically easy. You are taking away most of the traffic and things like checking in and going through security are so much quicker.

This. Fly Southwest or American to Manchester. Its a 30 min drive to Laconia.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Timberland 70.3 travel/logistics [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all. I prefer to fly Orlando. About an hour drive from house. I'll look into Manchester and plan on a rental.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also if you want to have a nice vacation don't stay in Laconia, look further north.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
Thanks all. I prefer to fly Orlando. About an hour drive from house. I'll look into Manchester and plan on a rental.

If you try to do that drive Friday afternoon or back immediately after the race then you are going to hate life.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply