Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Texas 2019
Quote | Reply
Well it appears the IM Texas (based on the invite to pre-register) and the disaster that it is will continue to host the North American Championship for 2019. Really disappointing in my book, was really hoping they would chose a location that is a bit more fair and challenging. Let's hope they attempt to host a fair race this year.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2019 [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw that. Can anyone confirm that the bike course will remain the same?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2019 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Saw that. Can anyone confirm that the bike course will remain the same?

The "About this Race" section: The two-loop, out and back 112-mile bike course takes participants south through the scenic, rolling farmland of east Texas.
Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/...e.aspx#ixzz5LWPtvq4o

and the course description (the Hardy Toll road) do not jive which has led to speculation the course might be different. Odds are it's just WTC being lazy on their website.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2019 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Odds are it's just WTC being lazy on their website.

Which would be consistent with the way they've updated and proofed their website content for 10+ years now.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2019 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Wayback Machine confirms they're lazy.

March 2017 had same description.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2019 [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I signed up yesterday afternoon, and Tier 1 was already gone at that time. Don't know how many slots were in Tier 1 pricing. As for the bike course, we can all hope it will be different but odds are it remains the same on the toll road.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2019 [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike course isn't going to change. They have a contract for the use of the Hardy for at least another year, if not more. The "rolling farmland" description has been there for years. That's what they had for the 2016 course that had its 86 turns in 94 miles through the shitty suburban Houston roads, and they left it when they switch the the Hardy in 2017 and 2018.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2019 [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

Wayback Machine confirms they're lazy.

March 2017 had same description.

A possible alternative explanation might be that they are grossly and chronically understaffed due to low pay and high turnover. But I could be wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2019 [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taugen wrote:
I signed up yesterday afternoon, and Tier 1 was already gone at that time. Don't know how many slots were in Tier 1 pricing. As for the bike course, we can all hope it will be different but odds are it remains the same on the toll road.

I used to joke that Tier 1 might be just 10 athletes, but IM Ireland was open on Facebook that it was 300 for that race. If that's not a constant, then I would now guess that Tier 1 = 10% of whatever number they designate for general sell out.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2019 [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tier 4 is probably 50% of the total. Make everything think it's almost sold out.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2019 [jpk_phx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jpk_phx wrote:
Tier 4 is probably 50% of the total. Make everything think it's almost sold out.

Honestly, I really don't think it's that high because you could only play that game so long before no one is jumping on the bandwagon. I would guess that Tier 3 is the largest group then it shrinks back down to encourage a sell-out. E.g,. a potential marketing structure might be 10%-25%-35%-30%
Quote Reply