Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first Ironman. Looking forward to it. Put in lots of training. I am ready for the challenge :) +whatever the weather may be. From the Austin area, so I have biked in all sorts of wind conditions. Last couple of months have been very windy. Wishing it will be wetsuit legal, but if not, I just have to deal with it.

Just had my bike serviced today, brand new tires :)

Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did see that on BBS, direct headwind or tailwind! Sweet! Love it.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [hinke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hinke wrote:
My first Ironman. Looking forward to it. Put in lots of training. I am ready for the challenge :) +whatever the weather may be. From the Austin area, so I have biked in all sorts of wind conditions. Last couple of months have been very windy. Wishing it will be wetsuit legal, but if not, I just have to deal with it.

Right! All we have had plenty of wind and rain in austin this "winter" Hope you have ST approved tires on there!

Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ST Approved?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread?) [owtbac86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Steffen!!!

owtbac86 wrote:
First time at IMTX...I think I'm ready, but what do I know.

We're driving the RV from the PNW to the Woodlands - the dogs are read for a roadtrip :)

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread?) [FlyingScot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is good stuff. BBS is modeling it as a quartering head/tail ATM.

FlyingScot wrote:
TravelingTri wrote:
What are the typical winds in terms of direction to expect on the toll road section of the bike course?

Winds are predominantly SSE, 10-12ish mph around this time. This is almost the exact heading of the Hardy, so if the trends hold it'll be a pure upwind/downwind event once you get to the toll road.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [tigeraggie85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1st Ironman ProTip(tm): Control what you can control

tigeraggie85 wrote:
FlyingScot wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
Yep. Sunday looks outstanding, naturally.

At least they've knocked down the forecasted rainfall amounts, if not so much the chances.

It looks like a pretty good chance of thunderstorms in the morning.

How long can they delay/suspend the race before they have to cancel? I was at HIM Austin last fall, and they waited about 2 hours to start the swim due to fog, and then ended up cancelling the swim.

I know it's only Monday, but this is my first Ironman and I'd be devastated if I couldn't do the whole thing because of the weather. I've put in a lot of work in the hopes of becoming an Ironman...

Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [hinke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hinke wrote:

Good luck, Fuji rocks!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
hinke wrote:

Good luck, Fuji rocks!

Thanks! This bike has been a game changer for me. Love it!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread?) [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Go Steffen!!!

owtbac86 wrote:
First time at IMTX...I think I'm ready, but what do I know.

We're driving the RV from the PNW to the Woodlands - the dogs are read for a roadtrip :)

Thanks, Eric!

Your timing is impeccable - we just cruised over the stateline. Arches last night, Amarillo tonight and the Woodlands tomorrow.

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those of you hoping for wetsuit legal should be happy at the moment. Looks like it's going to be pretty much non-stop rain today (mostly a light rain) and more rain on Wednesday and Thursday, just not as much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Pro list is posted:

http://www.ironman.com/~/media/f1b65e026b85474eb3623c27f8cf36aa/2017%20ironman%20texas%20pro%20start%20list.pdf

and registration has closed.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hblake wrote:

Damnit! I was just about to sign up. ;-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Those of you hoping for wetsuit legal should be happy at the moment. Looks like it's going to be pretty much non-stop rain today (mostly a light rain) and more rain on Wednesday and Thursday, just not as much.

I'm ambivalent about it, I don't want to miss out on any swim "help" I can get, but I remember how nasty hot a borderline-legal wetsuit swim is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hblake wrote:

Pro list is posted:

http://www.ironman.com/~/media/f1b65e026b85474eb3623c27f8cf36aa/2017%20ironman%20texas%20pro%20start%20list.pdf

Good looking men's group, I don't recognize many of the women.

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance of flooding issues if there is a lot of rain?

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Unlikely. This is normal April showers type weather and nothing like the crazy amount of rain we got for weeks on end last year.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
hblake wrote:

Damnit! I was just about to sign up. ;-)

Sorry Bob, only online registration is closed; you can do a walk-up registration this Thursday and Friday. Per Ironman Texas page: "Walk-up registrations will be available on a first come, first served basis. Please view the Event Schedule for Athlete Check-In hours."

I signed up last week - you should too!!! Gotta love it when you can make a last minute decision to enter an IM. r/Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:

Weather underground forecast rain totals for this week:

Tue - .68 inches
Wed - .09 inches
Thu - .02 inches
Fri - .00 inches
Sat - .02 inches

So not even an inch total. But it might flood an ant hill somewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [FlyingScot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlyingScot wrote:
logella wrote:

I'm ambivalent about it, I don't want to miss out on any swim "help" I can get, but I remember how nasty hot a borderline-legal wetsuit swim is.

The water hasn't been wetsuit legal since last Thursday. This morning was still over threshold. I suspect it may fall under threshold tomorrow morning but if the forecast holds, I doubt it will be wetsuit legal Saturday morning. If it is, it will be 'nasty hot' borderline legal swim. I am going to bring a pair of Roka sim shorts just in case.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know how much debris may be on this toll roads? Looking at tire choices with new testing that is up now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See my post above, only online registration is closed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
Anyone know how much debris may be on this toll roads? Looking at tire choices with new testing that is up now.

Drove up to the Woodlands on Sunday and it's about as clean as can be hoped for a highway. HCTRA does a decent job of keeping up with the Hardy, and since it will be closed off you won't have to ride in the shoulder where all the crap would be. Bear in mind the pavement is also grooved in (mostly) the direction of travel.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [FlyingScot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So your saying good chance not a lot of stuff what would go through a paper thin SS tire? I won't hold it against you either way :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hehe, consider my advice worth what you paid for it! I'll be on GP4kS2s.

This is an older picture I took, but it is indicative of the roadway surface and cleanliness to expect on the Hardy:

Quote Reply

Prev Next