Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k
Quote | Reply
There gots to be some STers up for the callenge...

http://www.silvermannv.com/100k_relay.html
Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [auto208562] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many takers did you get on Letsrun.com?

besides, this is the wrong place to recruit talent...you don't want a triathlete on the team slowing down the real athletes.

;-)

You call yourself a Christian, I call you hypocrite. You call yourself a patriot well, I think you're full of s**t

NeoCon by the Rolling Stones
Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [Haondotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually i bet a slowtwitch team could place top 3. in this.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the top of the page on the websites it says "any" team that beats 8 hours gets $100K, but then in the rules it says only the first team gets the money.

I'd be no help to any team!

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since the bike course is 9700 feet of climbing and the run course has elevation gain too, this would require some serious talent to do it. Mark (AustinTri) could do the swim, Souza could do the bike, and somebody capable of a 2:20 - 2:30 marathon could do the run.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [MarkInEastBay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess we could start asking for sponsor money again on here...

HELP... get me to Las Vegas... oh yeah... and it's for a race... not the slots...

(personally hate lost wages any way) =)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_threaded;post=752648;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure three pros could smack that out pretty easily provided fair race day conditions.

Would be very interesting if this was limited to true AG folks - people who were not now nor never before were pros.

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois said it was open for all--no just triathletes, so someone's gonna show up with an Olympic swimmer, Bjorn, or Torbjorn and a Kenyan (or Ethiopian).

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to take away from Bjorn or Torbjorn, they are both uber-bikers in the world of triathlon, if you were going to put a super elite team together get a Tour Rider...

An obvious dream team would be Grant Hackett (or one of the open-water world champions), a climber from the Tour and then a Tergat or any top Kenyan/Ethiopian. $33k for 40 minutes, 4 hours, and 2-2:20 of work each. Not bad
Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [aus_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and while we are at it I need sponsorship money to got to the Atacama Crossing...please donate to this worth cause.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [CanIronClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Not to take away from Bjorn or Torbjorn, they are both uber-bikers in the world of triathlon, if you were going to put a super elite team together get a Tour Rider...

An obvious dream team would be Grant Hackett (or one of the open-water world champions), a climber from the Tour and then a Tergat or any top Kenyan/Ethiopian. $33k for 40 minutes, 4 hours, and 2-2:20 of work each. Not bad[/reply]

That is interesting. Would each member really want to divy the money up that way? The swimmer will be out there for 40 minutes whereas the cyclist could be out there for 4.5 hours. Both are equal in terms of needing the fastest to break the time, however, in terms of workload, would the cyclist/runner not want more money perhaps?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm no Grant Hackett but I bet in the swimming shape I am in today which is fair with only 2-3 1 hour work outs per week I could easily bang out a 51-54 min swim. With the race in Nov I have little doubt I could train myself down to a sub 50 min swim.

Now all I need is a sub 4:50 cyclist and a 2:20 marathoner any takers?

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. all you need is a rider who will outride an average pro ready to hammer for $33K and a kenyan, also ready for a $33K pay day.

The $100K is for the winning team under 8hrs only. And with $33K, they can probably get a very decent pro (not a top pro though...not enough cash I guess) and a kenyan/ethiopian (not top notch, but they can get a whole bunch in the 2h15 to 2h12 zone).
Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well Francois get on the hron and start rounding up all your fast friends.

Could ya help a brother out,,,geeez

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we talked about it with Olaf...considered focusing on riding only and we came to the conclusion that there is no way we'd be close to a team with a decent pro rider and an african runners.

Maybe Jonas+Bjorn have a chance...but (no offense) not with Clas...other teams would likely have a kenyan...and even though Clas is really fantastic runner, he is not going to run 2h12-2'15'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I imagine this will be one to keep an eye on the registration lists...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nobody is going to run 2:12 to 2:15 on that course EVER. Anyone with the talent to do so wouldn't run a marathon for just $30K.

You call yourself a Christian, I call you hypocrite. You call yourself a patriot well, I think you're full of s**t

Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [Haondotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, when is the fine print on disabled athletes going to come out? As per the rules, it must follow the USAT Rule Book. Within that book PC 1.7 allows for racing wheelchairs for physically challenged athletes. There isn't a Kenyan out there who can come within 30 min of the top wheelchair marathoners. I know who I would want doing my marathon leg.

http://www.speedtheory.ca
Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [MrBeerMile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wheelchairs are only fast on flat courses. They don't climb very well.

Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tyler Hamilton isn't too busy these days. I bet he'd be okay. His suspension would be over by then too, so there would be no issues with that.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [ATX TRIHEAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey if were Hijacking this into a sponsership thread. I'll do my first Duo at the begining of May if someone ponies up the $50 entry fee. Come on dont you want to see a fat man who is averaging about 42 min for 3 miles when thats all he is doing, take 4 hours to do a duo 5k, 20K, 5k.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a ST team going, and they will have a great chance to win this event. And they are all from the same small country. As for some tour rider, he would get spanked by Bjorn. He is the best 100+ mile hilly time trialer in the world, period. There is maybe 1 tour rider that could hang with him, and he is retired. The rest are cannon fodder in this kind of race. It will also not suit the really fast runners that are used to running in packs. It is a time trial, and a hilly one. You all seem to forget that the best rider in the world, ever, was a triathlete. There are many more where he came from, and Bjorn is one of them. If you have never seen him ride, or actually ridden with him, you will be very suprised when this race is over.....
Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
There is a ST team going, and they will have a great chance to win this event. And they are all from the same small country. As for some tour rider, he would get spanked by Bjorn. He is the best 100+ mile hilly time trialer in the world, period. There is maybe 1 tour rider that could hang with him, and he is retired. The rest are cannon fodder in this kind of race. It will also not suit the really fast runners that are used to running in packs. It is a time trial, and a hilly one. You all seem to forget that the best rider in the world, ever, was a triathlete. There are many more where he came from, and Bjorn is one of them. If you have never seen him ride, or actually ridden with him, you will be very suprised when this race is over.....

No, no, no, no, no. If Bjorn was that good, he would sign a contract with a pro tour team and start making $200k+ per year. He is not that good, probably not even close. Given the hills, I would bet money that about any rider on Healthnet would beat him handily. Chris Horner would make him look like a complete chump. And a guy like Tyler Hamilton (who had a 90 mile breakaway in a major TDF mountain stage to take the win), would just laugh his way to beating Bjorn by ~15+ minutes.

I don't know what caliber of teams will show up, but if any of the decent US pro cyclists (Euro or domestic based) get wind of this and decide to put a team together with a Kenyan-type marathoner, no one from Slowtwitch will stand a chance.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: IM Relayteam under 8hrs = $100k [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i was just thinking about that TH ride and wondering what the stats were

edit:

it was a 122 mile stage and the break was 90KM - not miles and the break was after most of the hard climbs - finish time ~ 5 hours.

anyway - you can duke it out with Monty/Jonas :)
Last edited by: Jason D: Mar 27, 06 16:46
Quote Reply

Prev Next