Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Muncie new date October 2, 2021
Quote | Reply
Just received a notice that the new (deferred) date for IM Muncie is October 2, 2021. Compared to the heat and humidity typical for a July race, this date is setting up to be an excellent alternative.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Muncie new date October 2, 2021 [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a big person, I am very happy about this date. The heat is brutal for those challenged with heat dissipation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I firmly agree. Seemed like a 90 percent positive response on the FB group as well. Wetsuit-legal, much more humane conditions on the run - should be a very fast race!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the fall date. That tends to be a great time of year for me to race and I like the idea of cooler temps. I probably can't do 2021 since it will interfere with ITU worlds but I'm hoping that date sticks since it's a sleep in my own bed race!

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's setting up to be a very windy event.

Should be interesting with the temps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would absolutely love the fall date. In fact the extreme heat is the main reason why I haven't done Muncie. But ... looks like there are no spots for 2021 due to deferrals from 2020. It will be interesting to see if they continue with this date.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm excited about the fall date. I'm signed up for IMAZ, which will most likely be cancelled so the plan will be to defer to next year. Racing Muncie next year will be a great prep for Arizona. If by some miracle Arizona happens this year, Muncie will be still be a great fall race to end next season.
Quote Reply