Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Moo
Quote | Reply
Ok, I have decided to take the plunge and try an IM race. Having been out of tris for several years and never having considered doing an IM length race before, I never looked into the process of getting a spot. When does reg start for 2004? Any special requirements for entry other than signed form and a check prior to all the available spots being taken? How fast does IM Moo fill up? Since I spent 8 years on the UW campus receiving various degrees, I figure I might as well return to the site of my earlier training rides on the West side of Madison, races around the Capitol Square and all my time crisscrossing campus, the athletic fields, lakeshore path, etc. on foot.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Alan
Quote Reply
Re: IM Moo [astewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Generally the IM races in North America will open up for registration for the following year right after the current year's race completes. It will fill up in a week or so, but the open registration time gets shorter every year. The exception is IM Canada. That fills up the day after the race with entrants at the race location.

This is my third year for IM Lake Placid. It was open for registration for one week this year. I am afraid this year it will fill even faster, so I am going to make sure I sign up before I leave Lake Placid this year.

IM Moo was very successful last year. I wouldn't waste a minute in signing up for it. From what I read, that race is a winner.

The only thing you need to sign up is a check and a signature. USAT membership wouldn't hurt either.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Moo [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Art. That's what I was hoping. I will probably be in Madison for this year's race and will sign up before I leave town. I'm hoping for lots of memories from my time on campus to help me during the run through campus and over Observatory Hill 4 times.

Alan
Quote Reply